We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Report doesn't render and issues loading the report

The sample solution returns this after a POST to PostReportAction:

{"isReportLoad":true,"parameters":[],"dataSources":null,"dataSets":["AdventureWorksXMLDataSet"]}

And the sample loads the report properly. Now, in my implementation I get this when I POST to my PostReportAction endpoint:

{"isReportLoad":false,"parameters":[],"dataSources":null,"dataSets":[]}

I don't know why report doesn't load and why a data set is not set. I manually defined the data source and got no errors there. No errors are reported anywhere, except the control displays this:

"Report Viewer encountered some issues loading this report. Please click here to see the error details"

And when I click on here, it just opens a pop-up and says "Report Loaded:[object Object]". Can anyone help me please?

5 Replies

AS Anandakumar S Syncfusion Team July 19, 2015 05:59 PM UTC

Hi Vic,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

The mentioned error occurred due to all the required Report properties are not set in ReportViewer. We request you to set the processing mode(Local for RDLC and Remote for RDL/SSRS) of the report, add Datasources collections if your Report is RDLC and set the Parameters if the report contains ReportParameters. Kindly refer our online documentation for more details.
http://helpjs.syncfusion.com/js/reportviewer/overview

If you still face any issues, could you please share sample ReportDefinition of your report?, it will be helpful for us to provide a solution earlier.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Anandakumar S

GK Gregory Kohle May 8, 2017 07:52 AM UTC

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.
The application works perfectly on my machine (the one it was developed on).
Having transferred the deployed filed on other computers I got the mentioned error, even with a report without DataSource and parameters.
I have tried this on a machine with Windows XP and one with Windows 7 (same as mine) but I just get this error.

Regards,

Manuel Schneider

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 9, 2017 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

The error message and JSON result shows that the report not loaded to report viewer. The report fails to load when unable to find the report at the specified ReportPath location. Please ensure the provided report path exist, you can specify the relative path as shown in below screenshot. 

We have prepared a sample and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Please refer to the below UG documentation to create a ReportViewer sample, 

If the problem still occur, then share the control render page and screenshot of the issue to validate the mentioned problem at our end.  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D.  

OK Obadiah Korir Kipsang April 16, 2021 07:26 AM UTC

Error on Loading the Reports . Can you kindly help with this kind of error
Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue() at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAndMoveToContent() at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value) at BoldReports.Intenal.Server.SqlReportingServer2017.GetSharedDataSetReferences(ReportDefinition reportDefinition) at BoldReports.Intenal.Server.SqlReportingServer.GetSharedDataSetReferences(ReportDefinition reportDefinition) at BoldReports.Intenal.Server.ServerReportProcessor.GetSharedDataSetReferences(ReportDefinition reportDefinition) at BoldReports.RDL.Data.ReportModel.UpdateReportSharedDataSet()

MS Muthuramana Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 19, 2021 05:40 AM UTC

Hi Obadiah, 

Since there is an incident for this issue of yours, we will check and provide the details for this in the incident that is created by you. 

Regards, 
Muthu Ramana S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon