We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

"DNS or reverse DNS are not getting resolved."

When create Big Data Cluster, I get this error for all nodes. Anybody can give me some tips for fixing this?

BTW, I'm using Hyper-V VMs on one physical machine for active name node, standby name node and data node.

6 Replies

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team July 14, 2015 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Wen,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

The error indicates that host name is not resolving among each other nodes.

1.       Can you please share your validation page screenshot to check whether you have valid host name ?

Hadoop doesn't accept host name with underscore ("_").

2.       Please ensure that you have proper VM network adapter settings so that all 3 nodes should be in same network and can be reachable by both host name and its IP.

4.       And if you have any Virtual Box Host-Only Network adaptor, please disable it.

Please let us know if you have any queries on this.

Thanks,
Baskaran V

WE Wen July 15, 2015 01:55 AM UTC

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for your reply. The screenshot contains validation page and ping results is attached.

Attachment: validation_c31f4ea0.zip

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team July 15, 2015 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Wen,

Thank you for your update.

It seems the machines may have more than one Ethernet adaptors so multiple IPs for same host name that cause error in DNS and reverse DNS validation.

Did you check and disabled any additional virtual host Ethernet adaptor as I mentioned in previous update?
If you find any additional active Ethernet adaptors, Please disable them and refresh the nodes in validation page.

Still it doesn't work, Please share the following details to explore it further.

1.       Please share logs of the Big Data Agent in the 3 nodes and the Cluster manager.

Log location:

C:\Syncfusion\BigDataAgent\2.1.0.71\Manager Service\logs

C:\Syncfusion\BigDataPlatform\2.1.0.71\ClusterManager\logs

2.       Let us know whether you have installed the Cluster manager application in the physical machine or any one of VMs.

3.       There are 3 types of network binding in Hyper-V such as External , Internal and Private. Let us know which settings you have chosen.

4.       Have you got the ping result from physical machine or from a VM?

If you got it from physical machine , please try the same from name node VM to ensure all 3 nodes (VMs) can be communicated each other and share the screenshot.

Use IP4 pinging:

ping hostname -4

Please let me know if you have any queries on this.

Thanks,
Baskaran V

WE Wen July 17, 2015 02:27 AM UTC

Hi Baskaran,

Thanks for you reply. I do not really understand "Did you check and disabled any additional virtual host Ethernet adaptor as I mentioned in previous update?". do you mean VM machine or physical machine.

I updated another zip file, including logs, nodes' adapters, program installed on active name node (cluster), hyper-v network setting, ping result from active name node (cluster).

Thanks.

Attachment: Sync_52e91ab8.zip

BA Baskaran Syncfusion Team July 17, 2015 05:39 AM UTC

Hi Wen,

Thank you for your update.

We would analyze your provided information to reproduce the issue in our side and update you the detail on or before 20th July 2015.
Please let us know if you have any queries on this.

Thanks,
Baskaran V

SR Suresh Ram C Syncfusion Team July 20, 2015 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Wen,

We were not able to replicate the problem with the information given. In order to resolve the problem at your end, we have created a support incident under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Sureshram C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon