We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Issue in Network Credentials for ReportServiceURL

Hello,

When i am trying to pass my network credentials in the "reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredentia("username","pwd")" it is throwing exception of 401 i.e. unauthorized user. I have compared it with the InvoiceTemplate Report as well. I was able to open the Invoice Template report but not able to open my report.

I am able to open my Report in the sql reporting server.

I am also able to open the report using the Microsoft report viewer. However, in this tool as there is addition property of setting the "ReportServiceUrl" i am facing issues with the network credential stuff. 

I have attached the error as well for your reference.

Ankit Shah

Attachment: Error_9093f98d.zip

1 Reply

VP Venkatesan Pandian Syncfusion Team July 6, 2015 02:47 PM UTC

Hi Ankit

Thanks for your response.

When i am trying to pass my network credentials in the “reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential =new System.Net.NetworkCredentia("username","pwd")" it is throwing exception of 401 i.e. unauthorized user. I am also able to open the report using the Microsoft report viewer.
We regret to inform you that we have tested multiple scenario to reproduce the mentioned issue but we are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue. This error occurred when we specify the invalid ReportServerCredential. So we request you to ensure the provided ReportServerCredential information in your sample?.

For your convenience, we have prepared the sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the following location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119522/ReportViewerASP.Net-1356505273.zip

If you still face any issues on this, then could you please revert us sample along with replication procedure, it will be helpful for us to provide a solution earlier.
However, in this tool as there is addition property of setting the "ReportServiceUrl" i am facing issues with the network credential stuff.

The reported issue occurred when we specify the invalid ReportServerCredential information and this issue is not related to ReportServiceUrl. The ReportServiceUrl requires for handle the server side report related processing using WebAPI IReportController. So we need the ReportServiceUrl for invoking WebAPI actions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Venkatesan P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon