We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Stretch header items in SfTabControl

Hi,

I am using the tabcontrol to display an alpha tab from A to Z. How do I make it so that all the tabs are visible in the view (horizontal stretching)? Ideally I would like to set a minimum width of the control before the scrolling of the tabs are enabled.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Ryan

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team June 30, 2015 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion Support,

We have prepared a sample according to your requirement. In our sample, we have set the MaxWidth for SfTabItem, so that you can allow to set the width for the control. Please download our sample using the below link:

Sample:SfTabcontrol

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

RY Ryan July 1, 2015 11:08 PM UTC

Hi Vijayalakshmi,

Thanks for the sample but it doesn't meet my requirements. Take the following code:

<Navigation:SfTabControl>
     <Navigation:SfTabItem Header="Tab 1"/>
     <Navigation:SfTabItem Header="Tab 2"/>
     <Navigation:SfTabItem Header="Tab 3"/>
     <Navigation:SfTabItem Header="Tab 4"/>
</Navigation:SfTabControl>

How can I make the tabcontrol fill the entire length of the view so that all 4 tabs are evenly stretched across the entire page? Something akin to setting the tab Width="*".

Ryan

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team July 3, 2015 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Ryan,
In our current implementation of the SfTabControl, we have placed the SfTabItem according to its header length , so depending upon its header the SfTabItem will place, so it is not feasible to stretch the width of the SfTabItem header equally in the SfTabControl.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns,

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon