We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

errors name is ambiguous

I inserted a button advanced in a website (asp net vs 2013 Community), when I build the Project I get 2 errors : Error 1'ButtonAdv' είναι ασαφές στο χώρο ονομάτων (is uncertein in the space of names) 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared'. C:\Users\supervisor\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\643b2d15\5a089491\App_Web_4m1nv5nm.0.vb 537 
2nd) Error 6 'ButtonAdv' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared'. C:\Users\supervisor\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSite1\WebSite1\Default.aspx 1 1 WebSite1(1)
set target framework 4.51

1 Reply

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team June 26, 2015 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Kyriakos

Thanks for using Syncfusion products

Query: Error 1'ButtonAdv' είναι ασαφές στο χώρο ονομάτων (is uncertain in the space of names) 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared’

We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end. Could you please share the reproducing step or modify the attached sample and revert back to us.

Query: Ambiguous error

We suspect that this error might occur because of mismatched assembly references or assembly version mentioned in web.config file of your application. So could you please verify the assemblies and their appropriate version referred in your web.config file. Also the error will occur if same assemblies referred with different versions. Kindly ensure the assembly version in webconfig, ASPX page and referenced assemblies version, the version should be same throughout the application.
For further details about assembly referencing in web.config we suggest you to follow below link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net/index.html#!Documents/deploymentrequirements8.htm

We have prepared simple sample based on your requirement and which is available in below link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119471/ze/ButtonAdv-1700963

Regards,
Ragunath M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon