We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to show tool tip on appointment hover?

Hi

I am using ejSchedule and I am stuck in implementing following tasks. Please help me asap.
  • How to show a tool tip on appointment hover? so that I could show some information about appointment.
  • How to change the "Custom View" label in Day|Week|Month|Custom View header on the top right side of scheduler? I would like to show a Yearly view by default so want to change this label to be "Year"
  • For the above mentioned year view implementation, How can I implement a year view that display appointments by months. Please see attached image for clarification.Year View

1 Reply

SK Sarath Kumar P K Syncfusion Team June 25, 2015 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Please find the below response for your queries:
Query 1: How to show a tool tip on appointment hover? so that I could show some information about appointment.
Query 2: How to change the "Custom View" label in Day|Week|Month|Custom View header on the top right side of scheduler? I would like to show a Yearly view by default so want to change this label to be "Year"

We can show the appointment details in tool tip on appointment hover using the mouseover event and also change the label “Custom View” as “Year” using the following code snippet:
<code>

$.extend(ej.Schedule.Locale["en-US"], {                          //Extend the “Custom View” text and changed as “Year”

CustomView: "Year",

});

var dManager = ej.DataManager(resourcesData).executeLocal(ej.Query().take(10));

$("#Schedule1").ejSchedule({
                width: "100%",

function onCreate() {

data = this._processed;

this._on(this.element, "mouseover", "div.e-appointment,div.e-monthappointment", _appmouseover);    //Bind the mouseover event for appointment

this._on(this.element, "mouseleave", ".e-appointment,.e-monthappointment", function (args) {

$('div.tooltip').remove();

});

}

function _appmouseover(args) {

if ($(args.currentTarget).hasClass("e-appointment") || $(args.currentTarget).hasClass("e-monthappointment")) {

var id = parseInt($(args.currentTarget).attr("id").split("_")[1]);

var appointment = new ej.DataManager(data).executeLocal(new ej.Query().where(this.model.appointmentSettings["id"], ej.FilterOperators.equal, id))[0];

$('<div class="tooltip">' + appointment.Subject + ' </div>').appendTo('body');       //Show the appointment subject in tooltip 

}

changeTooltipPosition(args);
        }
</code>

We have prepared a workaround sample that tries to meet your requirement with the above code snippets which can be downloaded from the following location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119458/ze/ToolTip-1908103395

Query 3: For the above mentioned year view implementation, How can I implement a year view that display appointments by months. Please see attached image for

We have logged this “year view” implementation as a feature report. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Sarath Kumar P K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon