We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

customize RichTextRibbon control in vb

Hello ,

Good Ddy to you.

Can I have a sample of customize RichTextRibbon control in vb ?

I request for this is because I want to remove some function in backstage and add some property and  ContextTabGroup, at the mean time I want to keep the word-like command bar and functions .

Thank you very much .
Regards,
Yap

7 Replies

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team June 19, 2015 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Yap,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Our RichTextRibbon control is customized from Ribbon control with primary functionalities for RichTextBoxAdv control and there is no possibility to edit or remove the RichTextRibbon functionalities. Instead we can implement a customized Ribbon control similar to RichTextRibbon control based on our requirement. We have prepared a sample tried on our side as per your requirement. Please do find the sample from below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:
RichTextBoxAdvSample

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

YA yapwen June 21, 2015 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Arumuga,

Thanks for the sample project .

How do I add in 'text highlight color' ? 

Thanks again Arumuga .

Regards,
Yap

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team June 22, 2015 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Yap,

Thank you for your update.

As per your requirement, we have added option to modify text highlight color in RichTextBoxAdv control using customized ribbon. Please do find the modified sample from below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample Link:
RichTextBoxAdvSample

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

YA yapwen June 23, 2015 01:15 AM UTC

Hi Arumuga,

Thanks for the sample project .

Thank you very much .

Regards,
Yap

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team June 23, 2015 02:08 AM UTC

Hi Yap,

Thank you for your response.

Please let us know if you have any require any further assistance. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

AM Arjay Mendoza April 17, 2017 04:16 AM UTC

Good Day, 

Do you have these source code in c# project?

Thanks in Advance

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team April 18, 2017 05:55 AM UTC

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Kindly check our online KB from following link for more information about customizing ribbon control for RichTextBoxAdv and C# sample for the same.

KB link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3645/  

The RichTextBoxAdv control is classic version. Whereas SfRichTextBoxAdv is a new control that works more similar to Microsoft Word, and all the new enhancements are done only in this control. Kindly prefer using SfRichTextBoxAdv control with all the new features.

SfRichTextBoxAdv UG link: https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfrichtextboxadv/getting-started

Kindly check our online KB from following link for customizing ribbon control for SfRichTextBoxAdv. 
https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/5417

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon