We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ZipException when trying to convert PPT to PDF

Hi

IPresentation presentation = Presentation.Open(@"D:\YUs\Test\pp2.ppt");
            presentation.ChartToImageConverter = new ChartToImageConverter();
            presentation.ChartToImageConverter.ScalingMode = Syncfusion.OfficeChart.ScalingMode.Best;

PresentationToPdfConverterSettings settings = new PresentationToPdfConverterSettings();

settings.ShowHiddenSlides = true;
            PdfDocument doc = PresentationToPdfConverter.Convert(presentation, settings);
            doc.Save(@"D:\YUs\Test\pp2.pdf");
            doc.Close();

Using the code above (which I copy pasted from the sample), I can convert PPTX to PDF.. but when I tried to convert PPT to PDF, it returns the error

Syncfusion.Compression.Zip.ZipException: Zip exception.Can't locate end of central directory record. Possible wrong file format or archive is corrupt. at Syncfusion.Compression.Zip.ZipArchive.Open(Stream stream, Boolean closeStream) at Syncfusion.Presentation.FileDataHolder.Open(Stream stream) at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.SetArchieveItems(Stream stream) at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.ParseDocument(Stream fileStream) at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.OpenAsStream(Stream stream) at Syncfusion.Presentation.Presentation.Open(String fileName) at 

5 Replies

AP Arun Prasad Matheshwaran Syncfusion Team June 19, 2015 09:48 AM UTC

Hi Abdul,
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion product.
We have checked the details and Syncfusion Essential Presentation library only supports manipulating "PPTX" documents and this error message will be shown while you are using “ppt” documents (the file extension for PowerPoint 2003 and earlier versions) in our presentation library.
We would like to inform you that we have logged “Need support for using PPT documents in Essential Presentation library” as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Arun

DS Dawit Semma April 4, 2016 06:34 PM UTC

Did this ever make it into the product?

I'm still receiving the same issue.

DJ Devisri Jothi Syncfusion Team April 6, 2016 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Anil,
We have logged a feature report for PPT to PDF conversion support in Presentation library. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Devisri

OA Omar Abd-Alghani December 6, 2020 01:48 PM UTC

Did this covered in the product?

I'm still receiving the same issue.

HC Hemalatha Chiranjeevulu Syncfusion Team December 7, 2020 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Omar,

Thank you for your update.

The Essential Presentation library doesn’t support the PPT format document. The current version of Essential Presentation supports the .PPTX, .PPTM, .POTX, .POTM file formats only. So, we suggest you to open the input PPT format document in Microsoft Power point and save as PPTX format. Then, convert to PDF using Presentation library.

Please refer our UG documentation link to get more details.

https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/presentation/overview

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Hemalatha C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon