We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Converting Word document to PDF causes text to be changed to bold

We are doing a nested mail merge to create a document of Invoices/Statements. The word document is generated fine but when we convert the final generated word document into a PDF to return to the client random pieces of text get converted to bold by the PDF convertor. On inspection it appears that if the text is in a table cell it get converted to bold. I am unsure if this is bug or related to the way we have created the based template for the nested merge. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have attached three files
  • Template_Statement.docx - The base template used to do the nested merge
  • StatementsToPrint.docx - The resulting document from the nested merge
  • StatementsToPrint.pdf - The pdf version of the document with problem text

Thanks in advance, James

Attachment: Files_f4cbce02.zip

1 Reply

AK Ayswarya Krishna Kumar Syncfusion Team June 15, 2015 06:22 AM UTC

Hi James,

We were able to reproduce the ‘Bold preservation issue’ and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Ayswarya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon