We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl has too many limits...

Hi,

I've worked a lot on GridGroupingControl during the past two days, but I did not found any solution to these problems:

1) if I use Metro style, I can change the color of text, background and bottom border of headers, but there is a light gray border around header's cells that I cannot change or remove in any way. Is it right?

2) I cannot find a solution to have a grid readonly, selectable by row and  with filter bar. If I use ListBoxSelection(...) options to make the grid selectable by row and readonly:
ListBoxSelectionMode = One
ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = HideCurrentCell
then the filter bar does not work any more (the dropdownlist of filters does not appear).
Any other solution?

3) filter bar cannot be customized: for example you cannot change his height to make it different from the other rows of the grid; in addition you cannot remove the option "(Custom...)" from the dropdownlist. Right?

3 Replies

MZ maurizio ziraldo replied to maurizio ziraldo June 11, 2015 08:59 AM UTC

Hi,

I've worked a lot on GridGroupingControl during the past two days, but I did not found any solution to these problems:

1) if I use Metro style, I can change the color of text, background and bottom border of headers, but there is a light gray border around header's cells that I cannot change or remove in any way. Is it right?

2) I cannot find a solution to have a grid readonly, selectable by row and  with filter bar. If I use ListBoxSelection(...) options to make the grid selectable by row and readonly:
ListBoxSelectionMode = One
ListBoxSelectionCurrentCellOptions = HideCurrentCell
then the filter bar does not work any more (the dropdownlist of filters does not appear).
Any other solution?

3) filter bar cannot be customized: for example you cannot change his height to make it different from the other rows of the grid; in addition you cannot remove the option "(Custom...)" from the dropdownlist. Right?

Ok, forget question number 1) : support gives me a solution using TableControlDrawCellFrameAppearance event to change borders colors.

MZ maurizio ziraldo June 11, 2015 10:45 AM UTC

Ok, there's a solution also to questions at number 3):

a) for filter bar height, refer to:

b) for custom options list, refer to:

Now, using a custom filter cell seems to solve also case 2)..... so at last, GridGroupingControl has no so many limits :-)

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team June 12, 2015 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We glad to know that you have found the solution for your queries. We also like to provide you a additional information regarding Metro theme customization. Using SetMetroColors you can customize the Metro theme.

UG:

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/index.html#!Documents/applyinguserdefinedcolorsasmetrothemes.htm

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks & Regards,

AL.Solai.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon