We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to select an item into DockingManager Document

How to select an item into Docking Manager Document? The item is added dynamically and I need to select it for updates. I have n documents added dynamically.

For example. I pass a Docking Manager and the child component name and return an specific component

private SfDataGrid GetDataGridFromDockingManager(DockingManager parent, string dataGridName)

{

foreach (var item in parent.Children)

{

if (item.GetType() == typeof(SfDataGrid))

{

if (item.ContentId == dataGridName)

{

return (SfDataGrid)item.Content;

}

}

}

return null;

}

1 Reply

VJ Victory Jessie Selvam D Syncfusion Team May 27, 2015 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Diego,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We can select a document tab in DockingManager using ActivateWindow() method. ActivateWindow() method takes document name as argument so it is not necessary to get the object using name for selecting it. We have prepared a sample and tried to meet your requirement. In the sample, we have added children dynamically in button click event and activated the document through selection change in CombBox. Please find the sample and kb article link from following location:

Sample: DockingManager_ActiveWindow.zip

Article: http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3223/how-to-select-a-tab-in-dockingmanager-by-using-code-behind

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,
Jessie

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon