We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom SelectionController breaks SelectCell usage

If I extend GridSelectionController (even without overriding any method), using SelectCell causes a NullReferenceException.

Will attach a test project if needed.

3 Replies

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team May 25, 2015 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We analyzed your query.Please ensure, you are overriding correct selection controller based on SfDataGrid.SelectionUnit. Please refer the below table,

SelectionUnit

SelectionController to override

Row

GridSelectionController

Cell or Any

GridCellSelectionController

If you are facing the mentioned issue after overriding right selection controller also then please update us with sample to provide better solution.

Regards,

Muthukumar K

YO Yogesh May 25, 2015 06:42 PM UTC

Thanks a lot. I was using GridSelectionController instead of GridCellSelectionController. That fixed it.

I have one more query. If I use a GridNumericColumn cell in the grid, a return/enter key never executes either of the ProcessKeyDown or HandleKeyDown methods but every other key like Esc or Tab does. How can I fix that?

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team May 26, 2015 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Yogesh,

Thanks for the update.

We have analyzed your query but we are unable to reproduce the reported issue with "enter key never executes either of the ProcessKeyDown/HandleKeyDown methods" at our end. For your reference,please review our sample below.Please modify this sample to show the issue being reproduced and send it back to us. This will help us proceed with the solution.

Sample:http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119219/ProcessKeyDown_Enter1176441507.zip

Regards,

Muthukumar K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon