We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Display a list of images

I want to include a control in my app for displaying a list of images. Ideally the list would behave very similar to how Windows Explorer displays files. That is, I would like for the user to be able to view the images as icons, a list, or in details mode (which would include sortable headers for the images'' names, the image types, time created, time modified, etc.). Furthermore, I need the user to be able to drag drop the icons onto a PictureBox and also be able to select multiple images (either by clicking the icons while holding shift or control and/or by dragging the mouse over multiple icons). Are there any controls that can handle this type of behavior? Thanks, Lance

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 18, 2004 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Lance, Please take a look at the sample in the directory ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Grid\Samples\DataBound\GridDataBoundImageCell, and let me know if this meets your requirements. The drag-drop functionality has not been implemented in this yet. We could do so if this is exactly the control you need. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion,Inc.

LL Lance Levendowski March 19, 2004 01:12 AM UTC

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I was hoping for something a little more like the area of Windows Explorer where the files for the selected folder are displayed. Namely, I also want the ability to show the list of images as icons or as a list. I'll keep searching, but I might revisit your idea if I don't find anything. It certainly has potential. Thanks again, Lance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 06:42 PM UTC

Hi Lance, Another approach would be to use the ListView in conjunction with the TreeViewAdv control. ListView has almost all the features exhibited by the Windows Explorer. In fact, the Windows Explorer itself uses an embedded ListView in its implementation. It supports all the Views (Details, Large Icon, Small Icon, List) except the Thumbnails which you could implement using some custom drawing technique. Hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon