We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Fail to compile Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll

Hi,

I am looking in to the GridControl CUIT. Following your document, I downloaded source for “Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtensions.dll and compiled it, but there is an error occurs. The error is in the GridActionFilter.cs:

private static bool IsLeftClick(MouseAction mouseAction)
        {
            return mouseAction != null &&
                   mouseAction.ActionType == MouseActionType.Click &&
                   mouseAction.MouseButton == MouseButtons.Left &&
                   mouseAction.ModifierKeys == System.Windows.Input.ModifierKeys.None;
        }

The error message is: Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Input.ModifierKeys' and 'System.Windows.Input.ModifierKeys'

My environment is VS2013.

How can I handle this?

BTW, as my environment is different, where should I put these dlls, to “%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VSTT\10.0” or to “%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VSTT\12.0” ?

Thank you!

11 Replies

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team May 15, 2015 03:46 PM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We analyzed your query and we would like to inform you that we have implemented the Coded UI testing support only in VS 2012 (Grid Control). Here with I attached a zip file that contains, the updated Source file which fixes your reported issue and a document that describes how to perform Coded UI Test in GridControl in VS 2012. Please find the below link for the mentioned files.

Documentation: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/128991/ReadMe-971607273.zip

Source Link:http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/128991/Src-732215098.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Kanimozhi B

AJ Alan Jin May 19, 2015 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Kanimozhi, 

Thanks for your quick response. It works now. 

SC Saranya CJ Syncfusion Team May 20, 2015 06:43 AM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your update. Please let us know if you require any other assistance on this.

Regards,
Saranya

FM Francisco Molina March 7, 2018 09:35 PM UTC

Hi,

I know that this is an old thread but I wonder if you have GridControl Coded UI support for SyncFusion V9.3.0.61 with Visual Studio 2013? Because With Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 I'm able to compile the source code but when I insert the dlls to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages, there is an error message with the following information: 

The following package failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages\Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll. Coded UI Test is now in an inconsistent state. Remove this package and restart visual studio to work with Coded UI Test. 

Thanks,
Francisco.

TL Thirumurugan Loganathan Syncfusion Team March 8, 2018 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Francisco, 

We were not able to reproduce the reported issue. can you please share us replication procedure to reproduce the issue and video link for validate and provide you the appropriate solution on the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Thirumurugan 

FM Francisco Molina March 8, 2018 02:25 PM UTC

First of all, my set up is the following:

Windows 7, SyncFusion v9.3.0.61, Visual Studio 2010 (10.0.40219.1).

The steps are:

Download the following source code: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/128991/Src-732215098.zip.
Open Syncfusion.Grid.WPF.UITest_2010 solution with Visual Studion 2010.
Compile the source code on debug mode (Any CPU, .NET Framework 4).
Then I copy Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridCommunication.dll and Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages.
Then I install Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll in Gac location. With the following cmd command: 
gacutil -i “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages\Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll”

Finally, I compile the Grid Sample and create a new Coded UI Project and the issue appears. 

Attached you can see the a video with the issue:

Attachment: Coded_UI_Issue_7e6cecbf.rar

TL Thirumurugan Loganathan Syncfusion Team March 9, 2018 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Francisco,   

We have checked the given image reference and found that GridExtension assembly is loaded from 12.0 folder location. But it should refer from 10.0, if you are using Visual Studio 2010. You can avoid this error by following the steps mentioned in the below documentation.   

Coded UI documentation 

Please check and let us know if problem persist at your side after configuring your system as mentioned in the above documentation. Meanwhile, we will check the issue on the given specification.   

Regards,   
Thirumurugan   

FM Francisco Molina March 9, 2018 02:48 PM UTC

Hi,

The issue keeps happening, maybe is the source code, could you please give me the source code that you used with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010?

Thanks.

FM Francisco Molina March 9, 2018 03:24 PM UTC

Hi,

I managed to create a New Coded UI Project successfully. But now I'm getting a strange behavior that you can see on the attached video:

Now I manage to see cell by cell but it just crashes.

Thanks.

Attachment: Coded_UI_Crash_d583b93a.rar

FM Francisco Molina March 9, 2018 05:25 PM UTC

Hi,

GridExtension is already working correctly on Visual Studio 2012, but I need to make it work on Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2013. The Behavior of the video of the previous reply  is on Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks.

EM Elakkiya Muthukumarasamy Syncfusion Team March 12, 2018 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Alan Jin, 

We have internally fixed the reported issues in GridExtension and this will be included in our upcoming 2018 Vol 1 SP1 release which is schedule to be roll out by end of this month and will let you know once the release has been rolled out. We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Elakkiya M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon