We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RichTextBoxAdv: Question About Page Layout

I'm using a WPF RichTextBoxAdv control in a WinForms application via ElementHost with VB.net. When I load a Word file the display shows 2 pages at a time in with the PageLayout property set to Pages. I do not wish to use PageLayout.Continuous. Is there a way to display only one page per screen instead of two, other than resizing the control?

3 Replies

NS Narendran Srinivasan Syncfusion Team May 14, 2015 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Alan,

We would like to inform you that our RichTextBoxAdv control does not have support in “At a moment only one page has to be in viewer” currently and so have logged feature report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Narendran

AB Alan Burkhart May 14, 2015 12:37 PM UTC

It's possible I did not properly describe the issue.  I was referring to the horizontal display, not the vertical. When the program launches, there is only one page visible (since it's an empty document). In the WPF documentation there is a screenshot of the control. The scroll bar can be seen on the right edge of the window with only one page visible, typical of a word processing application. From this I had assumed that "one page at at a time" was the default. I attached a zip file with screen shots of my program to illustrate. I don't recall ever seeing a word processing application that automatically displayed multiple pages horizontally.

Attachment: RichTextBoxAdvIssue_4be8bd30.zip

NS Narendran Srinivasan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2015 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Alan

Thanks for your update

In Microsoft Word application if we select multiple pages option in the view tab, more than one page will be appeared horizontally in the viewer. The number of pages fit in the viewer is based on the zoom factor, page width and viewer width. For your reference we have added the screen shot of Word application. Our current implementation of RichTextBoxBoxAdv control is similar to the above behavior of Microsoft Word application. On decreasing zooming factor of RichTextBoxAdv control, pages fit horizontally in the viewer increases.

Microsoft Word Application Screen shot:

Whereas we didn’t implement to fit single page horizontally in the viewer. We would like to inform you that our RichTextBoxAdv control does not have support in “fit single page horizontally in the viewer” currently and so have logged feature report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Narendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon