We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ArgumentOutOfRangeException after assign CellStyleName with modifed Interior.Gradient

Hello together,

I need to set a gradient in cells. So i have to set the property "Interior" like i do in my sample

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
            IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;
            application.DefaultVersion = ExcelVersion.Excel2010;
            IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Create(2);
            IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

IStyle style = workbook.Styles.Add("style1");
            style.BeginUpdate();
            style.FillPattern = ExcelPattern.Gradient;
            style.Interior.Gradient.GradientStyle = ExcelGradientStyle.Vertical;
            style.Interior.Gradient.BackColor = Color.Black;
            style.Interior.Gradient.ForeColor = Color.Beige;

for (int i = 1; i < 2000; i++)
            {
                IRange cell = sheet.Range[string.Format("A{0}", i)];
                cell.CellStyleName = "style1";
            }
            style.EndUpdate();
            workbook.SaveAs(@"c:\temp\test.xlsx");

workbook.Close();
            excelEngine.Dispose();

This code ends in ArgumentOutOfRangeException (in assignment cell.CellStyleName = "style1").

stacktrace:
   bei Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.Collections.ExtendedFormatsCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   bei Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.RangeImpl.SetXFormatIndex(Int32 index)
   bei Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.RangeImpl.set_ExtendedFormatIndex(UInt16 value)
   bei Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.RangeImpl.ChangeStyleName(String strNewName)
   bei Syncfusion.XlsIO.Implementation.RangeImpl.set_CellStyleName(String value)
   bei Syncfusion.B002074.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Test\Syncfusion.B002074\Syncfusion.B002074\Form1.cs:Zeile 61.

Only the assignments to property "Interior" seems to fail. I can modify all "direct" properties in style without any errors.
What can i do?

Thanks you for help
Stephan

1 Reply

DB Dilli Babu Nandha Gopal Syncfusion Team May 13, 2015 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Stephan,

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Dilli babu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon