We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error resource can not found in ASP.NET MVC

Hi!
I am working with mvc getting error resource can not found. When I uploaded the files on the httpdocs folder through plesk control panel I have a shared accounts at http://hostforlife.eu and I got the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Account/Signin

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

I have created view with same name with out any spelling mistakes.I have created controller account in that i have created Signin view but iam getting error like this.

Please help. Thank you.

3 Replies

KC Kasithangam C Syncfusion Team May 12, 2015 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Jesikka,

We would like to inform you that the issue “Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily” would have occurred if controller/action name mismatch with the RouteConfig file and the sample project URL. So please ensure that the controller/action name is as same as in the project URL and RouteConfig file. Please find the following image to specify the project URL:

Specify the controller name and action name in the RouteConfig file as in the below code:

<code>

[BundleConfig.cs]

public class RouteConfig

{

public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)

{

routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.axd/{*pathInfo}");

routes.MapRoute(

name: "Default",

url: "{controller}/{action}/{id}",

defaults: new { controller = "Account", action = "Signin", id = UrlParameter.Optional }

);

}

}

</code>

Still if you face the issue please share the issue reproducible sample so that we can isolate the exact issue.

Please let us know if you have further queries,

Regards,

Kasithangam

KA kaynat March 1, 2019 10:11 AM UTC

i am change the controller and action name but still same error occure

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Kaynat, 

We suggest you to refer the below blogs and try out the suggested solutions to resolve this general issue. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks, 
Christo 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon