We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Change language from English to French

HI,

Is there a way to localize my SFDataGrid in French instead of English ?

Regards,

7 Replies

EM Elavarasan M Syncfusion Team May 11, 2015 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Marquant,
Thank you for using Syncfusion products.
We analysed your query for localizing SfDataGrid into French instead English and find the details as follows:
Please refer the below UG link to know about how to integrate localization in your application:
UG Link:
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/index.html#!Documents/localization1.htm
By using culture information, you can localize SfDataGrid into French language like the following code snippet:
Code Snippet:

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("fr");

Please refer the following link to know about the culture details for all languages:
Link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/hh441729.aspx
Please find the sample from the below location.
Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/119098/LocalizationDemo-1963230369.zip

Please let us know if this solution helps you.

Thanks,

Elavarasan M

MC MARQUANT Cédric May 11, 2015 12:35 PM UTC

I have already tried this method without success :(

Your sample works perfectly, but if I apply this in my application (more complex in terms of directories), the SFDataGrid is kept in English and I don't know why.

Do you have any other idea ?

Regards,

MC MARQUANT Cédric May 11, 2015 06:47 PM UTC

After many tries this evening, I was unable to apply the localization to my application. The resources files Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF.fr.resx seemes to be never taken into account.

Do you have any idea to unblock my situation :( ?

SR Sivakumar R Syncfusion Team May 12, 2015 04:27 AM UTC

Hi Marquant,

Can you provide the below information,

1. Is the assembly name and default namespace of the project is same? Make sure both names are same.

2. Is the Resx file and the control resides is the same project or difference project? Make sure both are present in the same project.

Thanks,

Sivakumar

MC MARQUANT Cédric May 12, 2015 04:31 AM UTC

Here my answer to your questions.

1 - Yes. The name is Piscarius2 for both
2 - Yes they are located in the same project

My analysis is that the resources file seemes to be ignored or not found by the Syncfusion control. Is there a way to check the resources files is known before to load the control by example ?

Thanks for your help.

MC MARQUANT Cédric May 12, 2015 07:33 AM UTC

If you want I can give you access to my source code, through my Assembla SVN repository. Maybe it can be useful to understand this complex project...

But I cannot provide this information in this forums. Is there a way to send you these information in private message ?

EM Elavarasan M Syncfusion Team May 12, 2015 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Marquant,
Thanks for your update.
A support incident to track the status of the sfdatagrid localization from English to French issue has been created under your account. You can share your application through the incident. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
Please letus know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Elavarasan M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon