We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using Syncfusion Controls in VS Express 2013 for Desktop

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time getting the controls set up in VS Express 2013 for Desktop (I have the latest version of Syncfusion control for Windows Forms). I'm aware that the controls must be set up manually in express versions.

So far, I've created a Syncfusion tab in the Toolbox. When I go to "Choose Items..." and attempt to add a Syncfusion control to the Toolbox, I get the message "The following controls were successfully added to the toolbox but are not enabled in the active designer."

What step have I missed?

Thank you!
Andrew

3 Replies

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team April 27, 2015 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

This reported behavior is known one and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kannan

TD Trevor Dennis April 27, 2015 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Instead of using the Express versions of Visual studio, maybe try using the Visual Studio Community 2013 edition instead.  It is free as well and includes all the components of visual studio instead of just desktop or web, etc.  I believe Microsoft might intend the community edition to replace the express products in the future 2015 release.

It does support Visual Studio plugins so the Syncfusion components should just work.

Trevor.

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team April 28, 2015 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion,

Yes, Syncfusion components will be configured in Visual Studio community 2013 edition.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kannan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon