We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using WPF controls with Visual Studio On Line

Hy,

I'm developing a client (WPF desktop)-server(WCF) solution for my Office and a short time ago I have decided to include syncfusion controls in some Views (I use MVVM pattern). That's all right if I build client and server assemblies with my workstation where I have downloaded and installed syncfusion WPF controls and I have successfully deployed client assembly on many workstation in my office. Now I have the necessity to also work on my home pc in the night and, therefore, I have decided to adopt Visual Studio Online solution to checkin/checkout of my source code.  In my home pc I cannot install syncfusion WPF controls because my local HD doesn't has enough free space available. Therefore, based on my previous knowledge in similary cases, I have included in my solution (aka dependency libraries folder) the Syncfusion assemblies that I use. I have changed the solution reference in my office workstation buolt and checked in the solution. When I checked out the solution in my home pc and build I receive some compilation errors like:

Error 173 Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'Syncfusion.SfShared.Wpf, Version=12.4450.0.24, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event. Line 38 Position 85.'  C:\Tonin\Tonin\Client\Library\Views\Commessa\Tonin.Gestionale.Client.Library.Views.Commessa.WPF\CommessaFase\Documento\CommessaFaseGestioneDocumentoRevisioneListUserView.xaml 38 85 Tonin.Gestionale.Client.Library.Commessa.Gestione.Views.WPF

I hope that not the only solution available is to install syncfusion assemblies on my home pc. If it is right, How can I set my visual studio on line to automatic build when I check-in my source code and, consequently implement  continuous integration agile metodology..

Thanks in advance,
 Rolando

1 Reply

BK Bharadhi K Syncfusion Team April 22, 2015 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Rolando,

Yes, you can refer the assemblies from particular location by using reference path. We have analyzed your query regarding online Visual Studio and we have prepared a simple custom dll namely "SfTestControl". Can you please check the reported issue with this dll? The result will help us to check further and at the same time we are preparing the same environment as you have mentioned in your update we will check this issue and update you more details.

Please download a simple sample created using Custom dll from below link

Sample: TestSample.zip

Regards,
Bharadhi K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon