We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Two way knockout binding in ejGrid

Hi,

first of all, I have to say I love your components and i would like to thank you for your effort. 
And my question: I have a problem with ejGrid. Is ejGrid supports two way binding editable grid?
I woudl like have a editable ejGrid with knockout binding.  Is it possible? It seems to me that ejGrid use only one way binding.
Thank you.

Marek

6 Replies

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team April 15, 2015 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Marek,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We considered this requirement “Two binding of datasource is not working in KO” as bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Madhu Sudhanan. P

IS issam April 19, 2017 07:26 AM UTC

hi,

i am looking too for a sample that use two way binding with ejgrid and knockout .

any help is welcome , thanks .

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 05:11 PM UTC

Hi Issam, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query: Need a sample with Knockout, two way binding. 

As per your request we have prepared a sample and it can be shown in the below link. 

Refer the help documentation. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

RM Robert Mims April 20, 2017 05:26 PM UTC

Marek,

I'm looking for the same thing! I posed the question here: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/130033/ejgrid-knockoutjs-integration-incomplete

Seemingly not great news.

While the source is observed (e.g. http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/5fgwidia) individual columns cannot be edited and have the value reflected within the underlying model. There are workarounds to get it to display (see the aforementioned thread), but the grid, as-is, is essentially display (with regard to Knockout) only without additional customization.

I really believe this is an opportunity for Syncfusion - what are the chances of two inquiries within a week regarding the same limitation?

Robert

RM Robert Mims replied to Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan April 20, 2017 05:30 PM UTC

Hi Issam, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query: Need a sample with Knockout, two way binding. 

As per your request we have prepared a sample and it can be shown in the below link. 

Refer the help documentation. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

For what it is worth, when you launch that sample in the JS Playground (http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/Sync_vapaxarw) it does not work (using Chrome).

bootstrap.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ej.widgets.all.min.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ej.responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ej.widget.ko.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ej.responsive.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
bootstrap.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
ej.widgets.all.min.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

I repaired them in my playground reference.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 21, 2017 04:12 PM UTC

Hi Robert, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have analyzed your query and we are able to reproduce the issue while launch the JsPlayground sample. We will rectify the problem and refresh it online ASAP. 

Use the modified JsPlayground sample in the following link. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon