We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Grid Dynamic Help not working in Visual Studio 2003

Is Essential Grid''s help files integrated into VS2003? I do get Intellisense tips when in code view and I am able to highlight an Essential Grid keyword and get context sensitive help by pressing the F1 key but I don''t see any activity in the Dynamic Help panel when I click on an Essential Grid keyword in code view. Did the installtion not "take" correctly or is Dynamic Help not available for this product. BTW, I am using the RC version that was made available yesterday. TIA

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 04:34 PM UTC

This does appear to be broken in 2030. We will get it fixed before the release. It is likely it can be corrected by running a batch file to re-register the exisiting help files in a particular way. If that turns out to be the case, I will post it here.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 06:16 PM UTC

>This does appear to be broken in 2030. We will get it fixed before the release. It is likely it can be corrected by running a batch file to re-register the exisiting help files in a particular way. If that turns out to be the case, I will post it here. Thanks Clay. If your referring to ..\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Help\regnamespace.bat, it does not correct the problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 07:29 PM UTC

The bat file you mentioned was the one that was used to do the current registration. So, yes, that will not change anything. As soon as we have it resolved, we will post a intermediate fix (if possible).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 01:55 PM UTC

It turns out that to correct this problem we had to touch the actual help file, so just running a small batch file is not sufficient. This will be corrected in the next release. If you want to use the dynamic help in 2.0.3.0 before that release, you can download the 41M file using these steps. 1) Download this 41M file from http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/SuiteHelp2030.zip. 2) Unzip it and save the Syncfusion.EssentialSuite.hxs to the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Help folder. Note the 2.0.3.0 in the path. This should replace an existing file. 3) Make sure Visual Studio is closed. 4) From the same Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Help folder, run the RegNameSpace.bat file.

EP Ernie Popke March 26, 2004 03:38 PM UTC

Your instructions fix the dynamic help problem, but I still can''t access "Suite help" from the Developer Center. >It turns out that to correct this problem we had to touch the actual help file, so just running a small batch file is not sufficient. This will be corrected in the next release. > >If you want to use the dynamic help in 2.0.3.0 before that release, you can download the 41M file using these steps. > >1) Download this 41M file from http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/SuiteHelp2030.zip. > >2) Unzip it and save the Syncfusion.EssentialSuite.hxs to the Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Help folder. Note the 2.0.3.0 in the path. This should replace an existing file. > >3) Make sure Visual Studio is closed. > >4) From the same Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Help folder, run the RegNameSpace.bat file. > > > >

EP Ernie Popke March 26, 2004 03:48 PM UTC

And the Contents window is not filled in??

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 08:28 PM UTC

Accessing Suite Help from our DevCenter will be fixed in the next build. You can create a short cut on your desktop that would launch it if you like. Make the target: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://Syncfusion.Essential_Suite/ Make the Start-in: "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Help" You would change the links to reflect where you have dexplorer and Essential Suite installed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon