We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Collapsing of the node with multiple nested nodes is slow

Hi, I have I TreeViewAdv control with ~5 thousands nodes and 6 levels of nesting. I also have a a quick search functionality, so that when user types a search string in TextBox, I hide the root node, and dynamically populate another node with search result. When user clears the textbox I remove dynamically added node and display original node. I hide the TreeNodeAdv by setting 2 properties node.Expanded = false and Node.Height = 0 (I found the approach somewhere in the forum).

Now the issue that bothers me: it takes ~1 sec to collapse the root node (Node.Expanded = false line), which makes the search functionality unresponsive. Is there a way to reduce this delay? I already tried changing TreeViewAdv.RecalculateExpansion and TreeViewAdv.SuspendExpandRecalculate properties without significant difference. I also make all the manipulations with nodes within BeginUpdate / EndUpdate calls.

Thanks,
Sergei

3 Replies

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team April 6, 2015 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Sergei,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

As TreeViewAdv, renderers more number of nodes while Expanding/Collapsing the parent node this time delay occurs. Hence as this time span is needed to render thousand number of nodes, delay can’t be decrease/reduced during Expanding/Collapsing the nodes.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Senthil

SL Sergei Leschinksy April 6, 2015 01:21 PM UTC

Thanks for the answer. I can hardly buy the version about rendering as the delay takes place during collapsing not expanding. And only immediate children of the root node are visible (just 10 nodes). More likely some poorly optimized events or layout calculations for nested nodes down the tree. But so be it, I can think of a few workarounds, luckily I have only 5k nodes, not 100k or 1m ))

Best regards,
Sergei

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team April 7, 2015 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Sergei,

We could able to reproduce the reported time span in TreeViewAdv while expanding/collapsing the node and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon