We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dialog editor, change "Details of" field

Hello,

I am using the grid to show a list of countries... I have a CountryID field and a CountryDescription field.  The CountryID field is currently set as the primary in the grid, but it is a hidden field.  CountryDescription has been set as an identity.

Currently, if I edit an item in the grid, it works fine.  What I am having issues with however is that it says "Details of<CountryID>" where <CountryID> is the ID, used to associate to the database.  I would like to have it say "Details of <CountryDescription>" instead.  If I set the CountryDescription field primary, it does so, but then it becomes uneditable.  

Any suggestions for this are appreciated!

Thanks
Paul

3 Replies

GV Gowthami V Syncfusion Team April 6, 2015 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Based on your requirement we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link.

Sample Link: Sample.zip

In the above sample we have changed the title of the dialog using “title” property of the ejDialog in the ActionComplete event of the grid as follows.

<ej:Grid ID="EmployeesGrid" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" >

<ClientSideEvents ActionComplete="complete"></ClientSideEvents>

</ej:Grid>

<script type="text/javascript">

function complete(args) {

if (args.requestType == "beginedit") {

var currentRow = args.model.currentViewData[args.rowIndex];

$("#EmployeesGrid_dialogEdit").ejDialog({ title: "Details of " + currentRow.ShipCountryDesc });

}

}
</script>

Please try the above snippet and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Gowthami V.

PY Paul Yanzick April 9, 2015 02:59 PM UTC

Hello, that worked great.. thank you!

GV Gowthami V Syncfusion Team April 10, 2015 03:20 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update.

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. We will happy to assist you.

Regards,
Gowthami V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon