We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to install the 4.5 and 4.5.1 Assemblies on windows 10 with .Net 4.6

Hello,

i have a question.

How to install the 4.5 and 4.5.1 Assemblies on windows 10 with .Net 4.6?

The normal setup only install the assemblies for .Net 2, 3.5 and 4.0.

I use Windows 10 Preview Build 10041 with Visual Studio 2015 CTP6.

Thanks.

Best regards from Germany
Wolfgang

6 Replies

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Feneberg,

Thank you for using our Syncfusion products.

In order to resolve the reported Assembly Manager issue, please follow the below workaround steps.

1. Open the Command Prompt with admin privileges and navigate to the following location.

Location: {ProgramFilesFolder}\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version}\Assembly Manager

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Assembly Manager

2. Please run the “AssemblyManagerConsole.exe” with the below arguments.

/version:{version} /compilemode:prebuilt /action:install /framework:451,45

Refer the below image:

3. Now, 4.5 and 4.5.1 assemblies will be installed in GAC location and as well as in below ‘Assemblies’ location.

Location: {Drive:}\{Program files folder)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{version}\Assemblies\{4.5,4.5.1}

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Assemblies\4.5\

Note: We have fixed this issue in our upcoming volume release (2015 volume 1).

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

FE Feneberg April 2, 2015 07:13 PM UTC

I try the solution.

But on the Windows 10 Preview Build 10049 it not work.

I try the commandline function, but no reaction - no error.

I reinstall the Essential Studio and tried it again. Commandline with administartor privilegs. But it did´t work.

Can you say the release date of 2015 Volume 1? I can test it.

It would be nice if it works. It is my Visual Studio 2015 Test Machine and it is not so important if it does not work.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Best regards
Wolfgang Feneberg

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team April 3, 2015 11:00 AM UTC

Hi Feneberg,

Thanks for your response and we regret for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to inform that our 2015 Volume 1 going to be released in the April 4th , 2015.

The reported Assembly Manager issue has fixed in this release. So, you can able to configure all the 4.5,4.5.1 Syncfusion assemblies in your machine without any issues.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

RW Renwick Wright October 4, 2018 09:50 PM UTC

I am also having the same problem, only with SyncFusion 15.1.0.33 on Windows Server 2016 Standard. Upgrading SyncFusion even to a minor version is not an option.

Currently my development environment is based on Windows Server 2012 R2. The main application I support has been migrated to .Net 4.6.1 and at the same time was migrated to SyncFusion 15.1.0.33. The libraries for .Net 4.6 installed fine at the time (18 months ago). SyncFusion Essential Studio Assembly Manager was showing all the .Net versions with none of them being grayed out.

I now have to migrated to a new development environment based on Winodws Server 2016 Standard with all version of .Net installed (3.5 - 4.7.2) . When I tried installing SyncFusion 15.1.0.33, I was surprised to see Assembly Manager has the .Net versions beyond .Net 4.0 grayed out.

I have tried the above approach of running the following command line:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.33\Utilities\Assembly Manager>AssemblyManagerConsole.exe /version:15.1.0.33 /compilemode:prebuilt /action:install /framework:451,45,46

However, no output was produced in the CMD and the libraries were not created in the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.33\Assemblies\

I looked for the log file, which appeared to be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.33\Utilities\Assembly Manager\AssemblyManager.log

And all I saw was the following line:

Date Time : 03/05/2017 13:16:21
Error Details : Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.

However, I checked on my Windows Server 2012 R2 environment, and those lines are present in the log file as well. So I don't think this is a very useful source of information.

Finally, I know that this has been fixed in later versions of SyncFusion, even service packs. However, it is not an option to upgrade my large application to use another version of SyncFusion so I need to make this particular version work.

Could you please advise?

Attachment: SyncFusion__no_Net_version_beyond_4_d936117a.7z

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team October 5, 2018 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Renwick, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please follow the below knowledge base to enable the .Net Framework versions 4.5 and later in Syncfusion Assembly Manager utility.   

Regards, 
Kannan 

RW Robert Williams June 20, 2019 04:35 AM UTC

Very good post. Lots of information mentioned in this article. Thanks for sharing here.

Licensed real estate appraiser I Real estate appraisers near me

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon