We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid not appearing in example app

Hello,

I am new to this suite of controls, so please bear with me...

I tried dropping the grid into a project I am working on, and it never displays.  If I look at the source of the page, I can see the content in a JSON array, so the page is getting the data from the database, but the grid never visibly shows up.

So, I took a step back and followed one of the examples... created a Person object, populated a few properties in it, and made it serializable.  Made a List of them, bound it, and I have the same problem.  The data is visibly in the page if I look at the page source, but the grid never displays.

I am at a loss as to why this would be.  The datagrid from the Ajax Toolkit works, so I am unclear why this would not.  I have attached my little test app.  Thanks for any suggestions any of you could provide!

Paul

Attachment: TestGrid_81f85fd9.zip

7 Replies

PY Paul Yanzick March 31, 2015 10:39 PM UTC

Hello,

Would anyone be able to provide me with a simple, functional VS2013 project so I can try to determine what I am doing wrong?  I have let 2 other developers look at the sample project (none of us are familiar with SyncFusion stuff), and I have gone through the little information I have been able to find regarding how to use the grid minimally... and yet it still does not seem to work.  

The controls look great, but I am under a time crunch, and I am afraid if I am unable to get something moving forward tonight / tomorrow I will have to move on...  :/

Paul

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 1, 2015 04:51 AM UTC

Hi Paul,
Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.
We have analyzed your sample and found that the necessary scripts and CSS files was not referred in your project to render our control which is the cause of the issue.
Please refer the following UG document link for details regarding dependent scripts and CSS files
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/documents/addingthecssandscrip1.htm
For your convenience we have modified your sample and the same can be downloaded from below link.
Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118679/TestGrid_81f85fd9-1014556785.zip
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

PY Paul Yanzick April 1, 2015 05:38 AM UTC

Hello,

Thank you for the file.  It seems I wasn't able to follow the instructions properly... :/

In my project that I am working on, I did exactly the same thing.  I added all of the theme info to my project (direct from the project you modified), and added the same scripts.  The difference is I added the scripts to a master page instead.  It is not showing up.  I changed my project to utilize the Persons hierarchy... not appearing.  

I then took the page from the project you sent, added it to the solution I am working on.. it worked.  I moved the scripts to the master page and put the grid into one of the content placeholders... stopped appearing.  I removed any other CSS files, not working.  

Is there anything I need to look out for when using master pages?

Thanks
Paul

PY Paul Yanzick April 1, 2015 06:20 AM UTC

Ok.. figured out.. Another newbie mistake.  The scripts strike again.

Thanks for your help.. hopefully I'll be good from here on.

Paul

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 2, 2015 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the update.
We are happy to hear that your issues has been resolved.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

VT vinod tarsariya April 22, 2018 10:07 AM UTC

Thank You.

KM Kuralarasan Muthusamy Syncfusion Team April 23, 2018 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

You are most welcome. 

Regards, 
Kuralarasan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon