We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Supertooltip strange behaviour

I'm trying to use a SuperTooltip when get an MouseHover event on a Checklistbox control.
So when i stop on a row of the CheckListBox, i need to show a SuperTooltip with a Text in the Header, a photo in the Body and another text in the Footer.

At first event raising it is all ok.
When i raise the event again, the supertooltip appears but first it shows the previous selection and then the new one.
At third time, it shows the previous two and then the new one.
And so on.

There is some issue or i'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Lorenzo

The code is the following:

Dim itemIndex As Integer = CLBSelezioneSerie.IndexFromPoint(CLBSelezioneSerie.PointToClient(CLBSelezioneSerie.MousePosition))
        If itemIndex >= 0 Then
            SuperToolTip1 = New Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.SuperToolTip
            SuperToolTip1.InitialDelay = 1000
            SuperToolTip1.MaxWidth = 239
            'Adding ToolTip Header Item

Dim toolTipInfo1 As New Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolTipInfo()

Dim nomeserie As String = CLBSelezioneSerie.Items(itemIndex).ToString
            Dim infoserie() As String = carica_info_da_serie(nomeserie)

Dim imgByteData As Byte() = CaricoImmaginiVersioni(infoserie(0)).Res0

Dim stream As New System.IO.MemoryStream
            stream = New System.IO.MemoryStream(imgByteData)

toolTipInfo1.Header.Text = nomeserie & " - " & infoserie(1)
            If stream.Length > 0 Then
                toolTipInfo1.Body.Image = Image.FromStream(stream)
                toolTipInfo1.Body.ImageScalingSize = New System.Drawing.Size(239, 154)
                toolTipInfo1.Footer.Text = carica_descrizione_breve(infoserie(2))
            End If

SuperToolTip1.SetToolTip(CLBSelezioneSerie, toolTipInfo1)

13 Replies

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team March 26, 2015 06:31 PM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We hope your requirement is to refresh the superToolTip when the mouse leaves the CheckedListedBox. We have prepared the sample based on this requirement and this will be available in the below link.

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/Supertooltip-1019512176.zip

Could you please check with attached sample and let us know the provided solution is helpful? If we misunderstood your query please provide some additional details about your requirement. this will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Senthil.

LM Lorenzo Mansutti March 27, 2015 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Senthil,

If you add each time a new tooltipinfo to the supertooltip it makes some sort of tooltipinfo list and shows them all.

The solution is to create only one istance of tooltipinfo and modify it.

now it is ok.
Thank you for your support

Lorenzo

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team March 31, 2015 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to hear that, the reported requirement has been achieved in your end.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this,

Regards,

Saravanan T

LM Lorenzo Mansutti April 30, 2015 12:06 PM UTC

Hi all,
another problem.

I'm using SuperToolTip1 on a TreeViewAdv.
The code is quite the same of my previous post but i've tried the ToolTipDuration property.

While on Checklistbox it is ok (after the ToolTipDuration time, the tooltip disappears), using TreeViewAdv it doesn't disappear.

Best regards

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 4, 2015 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

We regret to let you know that, we are unable to reproduce the reported behavior in SuperToolTip, if ToolTipDuration is set. We have prepared a sample and video for your reference and that can be downloaded from the following location:

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/SuperToolTip1648189969.zip

Video Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/ToolTipDuration1034908311.zip

Please check the attached sample and let us know, whether we have followed the same steps to reproduce the reported behavior or not. If not, please guide us with proper steps to reproduce the reported behavior, which will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution.

Regards,
Senthil

LM Lorenzo Mansutti May 6, 2015 08:07 AM UTC

Thank you for your support.
I will check your example.

I have another question
Example: I have a father node and 5 child nodes named "node1,node2,node3,node,4,node5".
I selecte node3.
Then i select father node in order to select all the nodes.

The resulting "SelectedNodes" list is the following :"node3,node1,node2,node4,node5", with node3 as first selected.
How can i "reset" the selectednodes in order to update the list with the nodes in the right order ?

Thank you in advance

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 7, 2015 05:14 PM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

We regret to let you know that, we could not able to reproduce the reported behavior with SelectedNodes in TreeViewAdv. We have prepared a sample and video for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/TreeView-341489987.zip

Video Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/TreeViewSelectedNodes-2092526181.zip

Could you please check with the sample and let us know whether the provided solution is helpful? If we have misunderstood your query could you please provide some additional details about your requirement? this will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution.

Regards,
Senthil

LM Lorenzo Mansutti May 8, 2015 06:13 AM UTC

I'm sorry, i've used the wrong property.

My question was about CheckedNodes list.

Thanks in advance

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 11, 2015 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

We would like to let you know that, the TreeNodeAdv will be added to the CheckedNodeCollection in the order we select the nodes and nodes in CheckedNodeCollection can be sorted in ascending order by using Sort function. We have prepared a sample for your location and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Code Snippet[C#]:

//To Sort the TreeNodes from checkednodecollection

this.treeViewAdv1.CheckedNodes.Sort();

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/TreeView-1530213542.zip

Could you please check with the above solution and let us known whether the provided solution helps? If not could you please tell what kind of order, you would like to perform with CheckedNodeCollection. That will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you a prompt solution as earlier as possible.

Regards,
Senthil

LM Lorenzo Mansutti May 12, 2015 12:35 PM UTC

Dear Senthil,
thank you for your reply.

I've tried the Sort function.
I guess that the sort is done by node text.
What i need, is a sort done on the visualization order.

For example
If you have
Node1
Node2
Node3
Node4
Node10

you select all and the sort it, the order will be
Node1
Node10
Node2
Node3
Node4

Same thing if you select Node1, Node3, Node10. The sorted list will be
Node1
Node10
Node3

I need the sorting on visualization order:
Node1
Node3
Node10

It is possible?

Thank you in advance

BR
Lorenzo

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 13, 2015 06:24 PM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

We would like to let you know that, the checked node can be obtained in visualization order by using the below code snippet. We have also prepared the sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Code Snippet[C#]:

foreach (TreeNodeAdv tree in this.treeViewAdv1.Nodes[0].Nodes)

{

if(tree.Checked)

this.listBox1.Items.Add(tree.Text);

}

Sample Location: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/TreeView-626278420.zip

Could you please check with the above solution and let us known whether the provided solution helps?

Regards,
Senthil

LM Lorenzo Mansutti May 14, 2015 09:18 AM UTC

Dear Sethil,
the solution you've provided reaches the goal even if it is not so "elegant" because i have a lot of parent and child nodes and i have to check ALL the nodes and further create an ordered list of checked nodes.

I hoped in a faster and simpler solution,
but if it is not possibile i will do as you suggested.

thank you
best regards

SK Senthil Kumaran Rajan Syncfusion Team May 15, 2015 05:41 PM UTC

Hi Lorenzo,

We would like to let you know that, the reported requirement can be achieved iterating through all the nodes in TreeViewAdv. The Iteration can be done by using the below code snippet. We have prepared a sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following location.

Code Snippet[C#]:

IEnumerable<TreeNodeAdv> Collect(TreeNodeAdvCollection nodes)

{

foreach (TreeNodeAdv node in nodes)

{

yield return node;

foreach (var child in Collect(node.Nodes))

yield return child;

}

}

Sample Location : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118624/TreeView1934643032.zip

Could you please let us know whether the provided solution helps to achieve your requirement?

Regards,
Senthil

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon