We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Finding the row of the datatable bound to a given row in the grid

I have a bound grid and while iterating on the collection of selected rows I want to access the underlying datatable. Alas, if the user has altered the row order by sorting on a column, the index of a row in the grid is not the index of the same row in the datatable. How can I get a row in the bound datatable having the index of a row in the grid? Thank you.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 17, 2004 10:50 AM UTC

You can get the row object (either DataRowView or DataRow) through the currencymanager. This will allow you to access any fields (columns) in the datarow. //for a given rowIndex int position = this.Binder.RowIndexToPosition(rowIndex); CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager) this.BindingContext[this.grid.DataSource, this.grid.DisplayMember]; DataView dv = (DataView) cm.List; DataRowView drv = dv[position]; //now you can access the fields with code like object colNameValue = drv["colName"];

RR Raul Rosenthal March 17, 2004 11:16 AM UTC

I copied and pasted your sample, and it works as expected, though I don''t understand exactly why. Once more, thank you!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon