We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Installing 12.4.0.24 broke this control

I've just installed the latest version of Essential Studio for winrt 8.1 and all my references to SfTextBox box are failing with "does not exist in the namespace "using:Syncfusion.UI.XAML.Controls.Input". I have references to:
Syncfusion.SfInput.WinRT and Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRt from Essential Studio\12.4.024\WinRT\8.1\SDK\Reference\CommonConfiguration\Neutral.

In addition The following code

Dim shsty2 As Style = New Style

shsty2.TargetType = GetType(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path)

shsty2.Setters.Add(New Setter(Shapes.Path.FillProperty, scbNodeFillColor))

shsty2.Setters.Add(New Setter(Shapes.Path.StrokeProperty, scbNodeStrokeColor))

shsty2.Setters.Add(New Setter(Shapes.Path.StrokeThicknessProperty, 5))

which worked fine before now errors with "'Path' is not a member of 'Syncfusion.UI.Diagram.Shapes.

Is there something else I should do?

I'm using VS 2013 Express version 4.5.5.1641

4 Replies

BK Bharadhi K Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query 1: all my references to SfTextBox box are failing with "does not exist in the namespace "using:Syncfusion.UI.XAML.Controls.Input"

In your update, you had mentioned as "I have references to: Syncfusion.SfInput.WinRT and Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRt from Essential Studio\12.4.024\WinRT\8.1\SDK\Reference\CommonConfiguration\Neutral." This location is meant for the common SDK reference. While adding assemblies manually, please refer from the following location

C:\..\..\Essential Studio\12.4.0.24\Assemblies for WinRT\8.1\

Query 2: errors with "'Path' is not a member of 'Syncfusion.UI.Diagram.Shapes.

Please refer the below code snippet to set the style.

Dim s As Style = New Style

s.TargetType = typeof(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path)

s.Setters.Add(new Setter(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path.FillProperty, new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Transparent)))

s.Setters.Add(new Setter(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path.StrokeProperty, new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Transparent)))

s.Setters.Add(new Setter(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path.StretchProperty, Stretch.Fill))

s.Setters.Add(new Setter(Windows.UI.Xaml.Shapes.Path.StrokeThicknessProperty, 5))

Please let us know if your issue has been resolved or provide us more information on your application so that we could assist you further.

Regards,
Bharadhi K

JW jim watterson March 23, 2015 11:07 AM UTC

Thanks for the response.

The \Assemblies for WinRT\8.1\ contains folders for each of the controls (eg Syncfusion.GridCommon.WinRT) but each of these folders is empty except for a folder call Themes (also empty) and a couple of xml files (eg Syncfusion.GridCommon.WinRT.xml)

JW jim watterson March 23, 2015 11:20 AM UTC

Please ignore the previous post - didn't scroll down far enough! All Ok now.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team March 23, 2015 05:32 PM UTC

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your update,

We will always happy in providing assistance to you,

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon