We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disable swipe on SfSchedule

In SfSchedule on WindowsPhone (Universal App) I would disable swipe and show the button back and forward.
It is possible?

11 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 9, 2015 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

Regarding Query” Disabling the swipe

Currently we don’t have any direct support to disable swipe gesture in Schedule, but it can be disable in sample level by handling OnManipulationStarted method.

Regarding Query” Navigate Forward and Backward”

We can navigate the Schedule dates (forward and backward) by using “MoveToDate” method of Schedule.

Based on the above solution we have prepared sample for disabling the swipe and for date navigation.

Sample Link:
SwipeIssue_WP.zip

Note: In the above sample we have used the MoveToDate method for date forward and backward navigation in the button click event and also disabled the swipe in the OnManipulationStarted method.

Please let us know if you have any concerns

Regards,

Vigneshkumar

CL Claudio March 15, 2015 03:21 PM UTC

Thanks for your answer!

The example work well.

But, if I want to insert the navigation button on top of the sfSchedule, beside to date (see the image), it is possible?
It is possible to center the date?

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 16, 2015 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your previous update.

Currently we don’t have any direct support to insert the navigation button on top of the sfSchedule, but you can achieve your requirement by overriding the default template of the “HeaderTitleBarView” in SfSchedule.

Based on your requirement we have prepared a sample with overriding the default template of the “HeaderTitleBarView ”, please find sample in the below link.

Sample Link:SwipeIssue_WP_(2).zip

If the above provided solution doesn't match with your requirement, could you please update us with more information? So that we can analyze further and provide you a possible solution.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

CL Claudio March 16, 2015 02:33 PM UTC

Ok,
I modified the proposed style proposed with:

I modified the style proposed thus:

<ControlTemplate TargetType="Schedule:HeaderTitleBarView">
                        <Grid x:Name="Header_Grid" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
                          Visibility="{TemplateBinding Visibility}">
                                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="20*"/>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="40*"/>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="20*"/>
                                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

because on my Nokia 520 not seen well.

I have another question.
This SfSchedule is inserted into a HubSection. When I swipe on the SfSchedule would obtain scroll on following hubsection...

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 17, 2015 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Claudio

Thanks for the information

Based on the information you have provided ,we have suspect that your requirement is to add SfSchedule inside the hub and based on that we have created a sample ,please find the sample in the below link.

Sample Link: SwipeIssue_WP.zip

If the above provided solution doesn’t satisfy your requirement, could you please revert us back with more information? So that we can analyze on your requirement further and provide you a possible solution.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

CL Claudio March 17, 2015 01:43 PM UTC

Yes, I want to insert teh SfSchedule in a Hub control.

The problem, which is also evidenced by your example, is that I can not slide on the other sections of the hub (X section and Y section) by clicking on SfSchedule.
SfSchedule not accept input in order to move in other sections the hub

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 18, 2015 04:51 PM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Sorry for the delay caused.

We are analyzing on the reported scenario in sample level and we will update you the details in two business days(March 20, 2015). We appreciate your patience untill then.Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your patience.

We have analyzed your requirement of Sliding hub section in which schedule control is added. Since we have handled the manipulation inside schedule so the manipulation made in the Hub section is not working.

But your requirement can be achieved by handling the manipulation event. Based on that we have prepared a sample. Please find the below sample link

SampleLink: ScheduleWithHub.zip

Note:

In the above attached sample when swiping on the schedule, navigation from schedule hubsection to other hubsection happens without any animation. Because navigation from schedule hubsection to other hubsection is achieved by listening the calling “ScrollToSection” method of Hub in OnManipulationStarted method.

By swiping in the header position of schedule the manipulation is not restricted by schedule so the Hub navigation happens with animation.

For your reference we have attached image file in the below link.

Image Link:Image.zip

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

CL Claudio March 20, 2015 11:15 PM UTC

Hi Vigneshkumar!

Thank you for you work!

Unfortunately, the proposed solution does not meet my requirements for the lack of animation.

Currently, I have partially solved the problem with a trick: I overlay a transparent border on SfSchedule in this way:

<HubSection x:Name="Section2" x:Uid="HubSection2"  Header="Schedule SECTION" >
                <DataTemplate>
                    <Grid>
                        <syncfusion:SfSchedule Loaded="SfSchedule_Loaded" ScheduleType="Week" Margin="10" AllowEditing="False" />
                        <Border Background="Transparent" Margin="0,80,0,0"/>
                    </Grid>
                </DataTemplate>
   </HubSection>

This allows scrolling to other HUB section, but does not handle clicks on SfSchedule weekdays.
For now I try to use it in this way, hoping that one day the SfSchedule is updated with this feature.

Thanks again!

Ciao
Claudio

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 23, 2015 02:01 PM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your previous update.

Regarding”Scrolling to other hub section when using Schedule ”

We will consider this as a feature request and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release.

Please let us know if you have any concerns

Regards

Vigneshkuamr R

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 24, 2015 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Claudio,

Please ignore our previous update.

We have confirmed your requirement “Scrolling to other hub section when using Schedule”as feature and logged a report on this. Also we have created a support incident under your account to track the status of this feature.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Vigneshkumar R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon