We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to customise radial menu to disable options and how to remove the Open One/Series flyout.

I'm currently developing an app in which I use the WinRT 8.1 SfSchedule control.

I'm using a custom editor to add and amend appointments, but I'm not sure how to deal with a number of requirements.
  1. My appointments are normally recurring. When you select such an appointment and tap Edit on the radial menu, a small flyout appears above the item saying "This is recurring event" (sic) and inviting you to either Open One or Open Series. I want to remove this flyout as I always want to open the series. However, I can see no options to hook into this functionality.

2. On the radial menu, I want to disable the DragDrop option, but cannot see how this can be achieved - I don't want to completely replace the standard radial menu if I can avoid it.

3. I'm using an MVVM approach. When the Add or Edit option is selected from the radial menu, I call the AppointmentEditorOpening method in my view model. The first thing I do with the AppointmentEditorOpeningEventArgs parameter this receives is to set it's Cancel property to true, which is sup[posed to prevent the standard editor from being shown. I then deal with the appropriate Action - when the action is EditorAction.Add, this seems to work okay - my custom flyout dialog is displayed and the standard edit dialog is not shown. However, when the action is EditorAction.Edit, my flyout dialog is shown but when I dismiss it the standard editor flyout is still open underneath it. Am I doing something wrong?
I would appreciate it if someone could assist on any or all of these problems.

Thanks,
Graham

Code for the AppointmentEditorOpening in my ViewModel:

public async void AppointmentEditorOpening(object sender, object parameter) {
    var arg = parameter as AppointmentEditorOpeningEventArgs;

// Prevent standard Syncfusion appointment editor from opening
    arg.Cancel = true;

var appointment = arg.Appointment as ScheduleAppointment;

switch (arg.Action) {
        case EditorAction.Add:
            AddScheduleAppointment(arg.StartTime);
            break;

case EditorAction.Edit:
            if (appointment != null) {
                EditScheduleAppointment(appointment);
            }            
            break;

case EditorAction.Delete:
            if (appointment != null) {
                ScheduleAppointments.Remove(appointment);
            }           
            break;
    }
}

3 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 6, 2015 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Graham,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Query #1 -” To remove this flyout as I always want to open the series.”

Currently we don’t have any direct support to remove the flyout for recurrence. So we will consider this one as feature request which will be implemented in any of our upcoming release.

Query #2 -” To disable the DragDrop option, but cannot see how this can be achieved”

Currently we don’t have any direct support to disable the options in the default radialmenu, instead you can use the custom radial menu based on your need and we are able to achieve your requirements by handling the click events in the radial menu, for that please refer the below KB article.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4187/how-to-use-schedule-commands

Query #3 -” To disable standard editor flyout, when the action is EditorAction.Edit”

We are able to reproduce the mentioned issue of “Default Appointment editor opens when set e.canel=true” and we have logged an issue report on this. The fix for this reported issue will be available in our upcoming main release. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

GA Graham Auty March 6, 2015 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Vigneshkumar,

Thanks for replying.

I'm glad to see that these features may be added and that the third issue is not caused by something I've done wrong!

I had come to the conclusion that I needed to implement a custom radial menu for my needs, and am in the process of doing so. As a result, I think I'll be able to work round issue #1 and #3 as well as #2, using a combination of code-behind and my view model.

Thanks again and I look forward to any improvements in the next release.

Graham

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team March 9, 2015 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your previous update.

We will update you once the implementation of logged feature Remove the fly out for recurrence appointment “and issue with Default Appointment editor opens for recurrence appointment” has been done or else if you need patch in advance regarding this you can create incident in below link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac/incidents/incidents/newincident

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Vigneshkumar R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon