We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

How to Avoid providing NetworkCredentials and DataSourceCredentials

Hi,

In my SSRS Report server there are no credentials are applied to both report server / Datasource. When accessing the report server through Syncfusion reportviewer, it insist me to write the credentials for the report/datasource. In Asp.Net reportviewer, I am able to access the reports without providing any credentials. I need to avoid providing credentials in syncfusion reportviewer also. How can I do that??

Pls help me.

Thanks

2 Replies

DH Dheyvendaran March 4, 2015 09:37 AM UTC

Update to my own question,

Eventhough when I provide the credentials to the report server / datasource I got some error popup. Screenshot attached.

Attachment: issues_18ed3c35.rar

SR Soundara Rajan S Syncfusion Team March 5, 2015 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Dheyvendaran,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Please find the response tabulate below,

Query

Response

In my SSRS Report server there are no credentials are applied to both report server / Datasource. When accessing the report server through Syncfusion reportviewer, it insist me to write the credentials for the report/datasource. 

ReportServer and DataSource credentials are not required if application runs in current windows security context(Your application and SRSS are same machine) authentication mode and sql instance runs in windows integrated security mode. But we request you to set the default credential using ReportViewerOptions as shown in below code snippet.

public void OnInitReportOptions(ReportViewerOptions reportOption)

{            reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

}

Please note that your application must run in Administrative privilege to use the Default Credential for ReportServerCredential. Could you please run your application in Administrative mode?.

In Asp.Net reportviewer, I am able to access the reports without providing any credentials. I need to avoid providing credentials in syncfusion reportviewer also. How can I do that??

Yes, as we said in our above response you can able to access the Report without credential.

Eventhough when I provide the credentials to the report server / datasource I got some error popup. Screenshot attached.

We have seen the shared snap and the issue occurred due fail in retrieving data from SQL Server. We have prepared simple application for validating your connection string and it can be downloaded from below link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/128616/SQL_test_connection-940930771.zip

Could you please replace your connection string in the above shared sample and ensure whether Sql Connection will open or not. If you still face any issue with your report. Could you please share the rdl report definition with us?. It will be helpful to analyze this issue an d provide solution to earlier.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,

Soundara Rajan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon