We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

treeview and serializetion after dropping

How do I retrieve the serialization (Json) of items in treeview after dropping in a Textarea not visible for use to save new order of list?
I tried to make the loop between nodes in server side, but I do not find a position index.
Thank You

Furio

4 Replies

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team February 27, 2015 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Furio,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We are unable to understand your query on getting the position index. Could you please explain us the scenario you are trying with TreeView Drag and drop in TextArea? What is mentioned here as TextArea a droppable div element or any other controls? On dropping the TreeView what data you need to get accessed in code behind? Please provide us the requested information. Also it would be helpful if you share code snippet or explain the scenario you need to work with TreeView. This will help us to provide you a solution as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,

Ezhil S

FC Furio Curti February 27, 2015 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Ezhil
I try to explain.
In this project, I'm using the version 12.2.0.36.
In the aspx page I inserted a treeview empty.
In LoadPage event I fill this control dynamically creating a datatable and I connect it to the treeview.
The treeview works fine, I can move the items without any problems.
At the end of the movements I have to save the new positions.
I press a button to save and from the server side I try to cycle the nodes in the treeview, but the cycle takes me back to the initial situation.
In postback the page treeview  is recreated with the elements in the original state and I can not keep the new positions with the viewstate enabled also.
I know that with jquery.ui there is the ability to export a bulleted list in a serialization as this [{"id": 13}, {"id": 14, "children": [{"id": 15 , "children": [{"id": 16}, {"id": 17}, {"id": 18}]}]}] using Javascript and sending the content iin a textbox that keeps contents in postback.
There is a similar possibility in treeview.
Thank you for your help.
Furio

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team March 3, 2015 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Furio,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently we haven’t provided support for saving the position of TreeView nodes on Drag and Drop. We have confirmed this as a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will fix the issue and it will be included in Vol 1, 2015 release, which has been scheduled to be roll out in the month of March 2015.

We have also created an incident internally to have a follow up with this issue.

Regards,

Ezhil S

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team April 6, 2015 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Furio,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 1, 2015 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/118723/essential-studio-2015-volume-1-final-release-v13-1-0-21-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Ezhil S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon