We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PdfLoadedDocument .Save(string filename) is very slow

I have a need wherein i have to fill a fillable pdf and save it as new file name. My clients want to do this in 10k+ range

I read my data from database and loop through each record

My code snippet is

using (PdfLoadedDocument pageDocument = new PdfLoadedDocument(fileByte))
{
  ..fil the form
 pageDocument.save(newFileName);
}

300 files get saved fast, after that it slows down and its almost like a few files every minute. There is no other application running at same time and as i know watch file name is unique i dont do any checks for existence of file. is this a known issue?

5 Replies

JB jb replied to jb February 25, 2015 06:29 PM UTC

I have a need wherein i have to fill a fillable pdf and save it as new file name. My clients want to do this in 10k+ range

I read my data from database and loop through each record

My code snippet is

using (PdfLoadedDocument pageDocument = new PdfLoadedDocument(fileByte))
{
  ..fil the form
 pageDocument.save(newFileName);
}

300 files get saved fast, after that it slows down and its almost like a few files every minute. There is no other application running at same time and as i know watch file name is unique i dont do any checks for existence of file. is this a known issue?

This is in a asp.net application

AS Abirami Selvan Syncfusion Team February 26, 2015 06:39 AM UTC

Hi  Jb,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product .

We have tried to reproduce the issue to get slow down to save the pdf file when run the asp.net sample more than 300 times. We have attached the sample in below link which we have tried to reproduce the issue

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/FillFormSample1938190695.zip

Please provide us the sample or input file which you have tried to reproduce the issue. It help us to proceed further in this issue .

Please let us know if you need any  queries .

Thanks,

Abirami.

JA James March 18, 2015 10:39 AM UTC

I am experiencing the same issue. Its painfully slow.
The FillFormSample link is broken. Can you please attach it again.

Thanks
James

JA James March 18, 2015 11:23 AM UTC

PdfLoadedDocument.Append is especially slow.

AS Abirami Selvan Syncfusion Team March 19, 2015 12:23 PM UTC

Hi James,

We are unable to reproduce the issue getting slow after generate more than the 300 files  using  append method. I have attached the sample in below link which we have tried to reproduce the issue :

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/118328/FillFormSample51870515.zip

Please modify the sample or provide the sample which you have tried to reproduce the issue .It will help us to proceed further analysis in this issue .

Please let us know if you need any further assistance .

Thanks,

Abirami.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon