We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Extracting Header Information (Metadata) and field meta data from PDF files

Hi,
I have a template from which i want to extract the meta data. With the extracted meta data, I want to create a new pdf which will allow me to create a clone of the original template. The reason to do this is to have more control over the radio button names, the original template have names as "1", "2",..etc and i want to create my PDF with radio button with meaning names.

Also I can extract the header info as well as placement info of the existing field elements in the fillable template i have

1 Reply

AS Abirami Selvan Syncfusion Team February 25, 2015 02:40 PM UTC

Hi Jb,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product .

Currently ,We don’t have support for extracting the meta data and header information from the existing pdf document and also we could not modify radiobuttonfield item’s name when loading the existing pdf document. But we can get the location of the existing fields.

Please refer the below code snippet :

//Get  the radiobutton

PdfLoadedRadioButtonListField radiobuttonField = form.Fields[16] as PdfLoadedRadioButtonListField;

//get the items

PdfLoadedRadioButtonItemCollection radioButtonItemCollection = radiobuttonField.Items;

//get one item from itemcollection

PdfLoadedRadioButtonItem radioButtonItem = radioButtonItemCollection[0];

//Get the radiobuttonitem (first item) bounds

RectangleF rect = radioButtonItem.Bounds;

//Get the textboxfield

PdfLoadedTextBoxField textBoxField = form.Fields[1] as PdfLoadedTextBoxField;

//Get the textbox bounds

RectangleF rect1 = textBoxField.Bounds;

Please refer the attached sample in the below link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118312/sample-38743551.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance .

Thanks,

Abirami.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon