We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DateTimePickerFor not picking up Model data

So, in my view I'm running the following line:

@Html.EJ().DateTimePickerFor(model => model.outage_start)

However it defaults to today's date no matter what I try. 

I know that the data is fine because if I use a standard editorfor it works fine:

@Html.EditorFor(model => model.outage_start)

Any reason why this isn't working? 

Ultimately I'd like to have a datetimepicker that worked something like this:

@Html.EJ().DateTimePickerFor(model => model.outage_start).MinDateTime(Model.outage_start.ToString()).MaxDateTime(Model.outage_end.ToString())

Thanks!

2 Replies

MR Marcos Romero February 11, 2015 11:23 PM UTC

I solved this by explicitly stating the datetime format. So that it has to be MM/dd/yyy hh:mm tt

That worked. Not very user friendly and in fact your example doesn't even work as the min start time does not have a space before the AM. / Thank goodness as this led me to finding a resolution. 

@Html.EJ().DateTimePicker("DateTime").MinDateTime("05/23/2014 09:00AM").MaxDateTime("05/29/2014 09:00 PM").Interval(30)

Should be:
@Html.EJ().DateTimePicker("DateTime").MinDateTime("05/23/2014 09:00 AM").MaxDateTime("05/29/2014 09:00 PM").Interval(30)

My full statement in case anyone else runs into this problem is:
@Html.EJ().DateTimePickerFor(model => model.outage_start).Width("300").MinDateTime(Model.outage_start.Value.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt")).MaxDateTime(Model.outage_end.Value.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt")).Value(Model.outage_start.Value.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt")).Interval(1)

KS Kaliswaran Shanmuga Sundaram Syncfusion Team February 13, 2015 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Marcos,

We have logged a task to achieve your requirement. A support incident to track the status of this requirement has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kaliswaran S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon