We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Data point on y-axis of a line chart

I am currently using WinRTXAMLToolkit for my line chart. But I would like to know whether it is possible in SyncFusion's Chart library to plot the first data point on the y-axis of a line chart. Like if the coordinates are (0, 20).
Since the x-axis in line chart are not numerical and categorical. This makes it unconventional. But I still have to do it.
Any feedback is appreciated.

7 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 11, 2015 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We can plot a single data point in chart but the line series cannot be drawn because for a line to be drawn we need more than one point. We can view the data point by enabling AdornmentsInfo in the LineSeries. We have prepared a sample based on your requirement and please download the sample in the below location.

Sample: Axis_unconventional.zip

If this is not your exact requirement, please provide more information on the requirements by modifying the given sample. It would be helpful for us to serve you better.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Rachel. A

II Ibrahim Islam February 11, 2015 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Rachel A,

Thank you so much for your reply. 
I am really surprised that you even attached a complete solution. 
Absolute delight!
But the solution and the libraries are targeting Windows 8.0 and my apps are in 8.1 so could you please take the trouble of modifying your project to contain the 8.1 SyncFusion library or give me a link so that I can change it and try it out on your code.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 11, 2015 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for the update.

We have modified the sample to Windows8.1 project and please download the sample in the below location.

Sample: Axis_unconventional.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Rachel. A

II Ibrahim Islam February 12, 2015 07:55 AM UTC

Hi Rachel A,

Thank your taking the trouble.
I have gone through your solution.
But it seems the chart expands its x-axis to negative if the coordinate is 0 e.g. (0, 20).
I would want the x-axis to not go beyond 0 (-ve) and stay fixed so that the data point can plotted be ON the y-axis.
Hopefully that is possible in SyncFusion's library.
Please let me know any input on this.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 12, 2015 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Ibrahim,

When we have single data point in chart, the range will be calculated based on that point(x/y value) in such a way that point will be in center. In this case, it is calculated as -1 to 1 as we are having ‘0’ as x value. SfChart provides the properties called Minimum and Maximum in axis, to limit or extend its axis ranges. The Minimum property suits for your requirement, which limits your minimum value to ‘0’. 

We have modified the sample based on your requirement and please download the sample in the below location.

Sample: Axis_unconventional_modified.zip

For more information, please refer this link.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Rachel.A

II Ibrahim Islam February 12, 2015 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Rachel A,

Thank you very much. 
This will do for now.
I will get feedback from client and if everything goes well then we might opt for SyncFusion for data visualizations.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 13, 2015 06:52 AM UTC

Hi Ibrahim,

We will wait to hear from you.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Rachel. A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon