Thanks for using Syncfusion products.
Query : “Does not contain a definition for EJ and no extension. I've followed the directions I've found to the best of my knowledge, but I still am missing the reference to EJ.”
We have analyzed your query and we are unable to reproduce the reported error in our end. We suspect that the problem here is, not proper configuration in the following cases.
1. Ensure the following basic syncfusion DLL’s are referred in your application or not.
2. In our application we have a root configuration file (web.config) present in the Application. In that we need to include the following assembly reference into the <assemblies> tag.
Please add the following code snippet to Application web.config file.
<add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ, Version=xx.xxxx.x.xx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />
<add assembly="Syncfusion.EJ.Mvc, Version= xx.xxxx.x.xx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken= xxxxxxxxxxxxxx " />
3. In our application we have another web.config file present in the Application -> Views Folder -> web.config file. In that we need to include the following namespace.
Please add the following code snippet to Views web.config file.
4. Once completed all the above processing, close and open the _layout.cshtml file if it’s in open state.
5. Then it resolves the EJ undefined error in your application.
For your convenience, we have prepared a simple sample based on your requirement. You can also download the attached sample from the following location.
Also if you want to know more about our components to getting started, please find the below link.
In order to know more detailed information please refer the below link which includes all the details to get started with our components.
Also you can find all the samples of our components in the following link location.
If you still face any problems, please revert back us with your sample and detailed replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to provide you the exact solution.
Please let us know if you have further queries.