We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfHubTile animation stopped when navigating back to a page

Hello,

I am developing for Windows Phone 8.1 using Syncfusion 8.1 Controls for WP XAML. In particular, I am using the SfHubTile control on my main application page for implementing a fancy way to navigate to specific pages.
I have pasted some XAML below. This works without problems.

<!-- SO FAR OK -->
<Notification:SfHubTile Background="{StaticResource TileColorDarkBrush}" Click="New_Click" ImageSource="..."  Interval="0:0:3" IsFrozen="False">
    <Notification:SfHubTile.HubTileTransitions>
        <Notification:HubTileTransitionCollection>
            <shared:SlideTransition Direction="Up"/>
         </Notification:HubTileTransitionCollection>
    </Notification:SfHubTile.HubTileTransitions>
    <Notification:SfHubTile.SecondaryContent>
       <Grid Margin="10">
          <TextBlock x:Name="lblNew" Text="..."/>
       </Grid>
    </Notification:SfHubTile.SecondaryContent>
</Notification:SfHubTile>

So, once the main page is loaded (for the first time), the hub tiles are shown as intended, and also the animation works without issues, i.e., the secondary content is shown as desired.  If I press on a tile, the app navigates to a particular page, using Frame.Navigage(typeof(...)). So far, everything is fine.

Now, however, If i navigate back to the main page -- e.g., by Frame.GoBack() -- or, respectively, by pressing the hardware back button, the main page is shown; the hub tiles however seem to be frozen. They are shown in the last state, so if e.g. they were pressed and secondary content has been shown in that moment, now, on navigating back, the tiles still show the secondary content, but the animation stopped entirely. I have already tried to implement a Loaded event handler, casting its sender to SfHubTile and invoke SfHubTileService.Unfreeze() or setting the IsFrozen property to false, but unsuccessful.

How can I restart the animation?
Am I missing something, or do you have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much in advance, kind regards
Sebastian Scheuer

1 Reply

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team February 10, 2015 06:16 PM UTC

Hi Sebastian,

We are able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mariappan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon