We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

A Question on FilterBar

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

118186 Feb 9,2015 11:20 AM Feb 10,2015 12:23 AM ASP.NET MVC 1
Tags: Grid
Andrea Perazzolo
Asked On February 9, 2015 11:20 AM

Hi,
searching on the Documentation, I understand that when I use the FilterBar mode for filtering the data on the Grid, the only operator for the String columns is the "startsWith".
Is it Correct?
Or there is a sintax to write a different operator (like contains) in the filter textbox?

If this is the behaviour, Do I need to use the Menu mode for filtering with "contains clause"?

Thanks in advance

Andrea Perazzolo

Alan Sangeeth S [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 10, 2015 12:23 AM

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

It is the default behavior that the operator for string columns is "startsWith" and integer column is “equal”. But we can also change the grid filter bar’s default operator. Please refer the following KB link for further details.

http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/3369/how-to-change-the-default-comparison-operator-of-the-filter-bar

And with “Menu” FilterType in Grid, we will have option to choose the operator from the dropdown in Filter Menu.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;