We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfChart does not redraw after dragging segment

Evaluating the SfChart control.

I have populated an ObservableCollection and bound to it. When I drag edit I see a ghost of the line move as I drag the line but when I let go the ghost line disappears and the curve looks unchanged. I found after enabling zoom, that zooming in and then out after an edit will cause the curve to redraw.

How can I get the curve to redraw itself automatically after a user edit?

Thank you,
Gary  

4 Replies

GM Gary Montgomery February 6, 2015 12:10 AM UTC

After further investigation I found that setting UpdateSource on the SplineSeries to false, the grid started to redraw itself.  But now I am assuming my DataSource is not updated with the edited value, which is the whole point. I suppose in DragEnd I could manually update the underlying data but that feels wrong?

Thoughts?

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 6, 2015 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the reported issue and we are unable to reproduce the dragging redrawn issue at our end. When the segment is dragged, the chart is redrawn properly whether the UpdateSource property is set to true or false. If we set the UpdateSource property as false then, chart is automatically redrawn but series ItemsSource will not be affected.

We have prepared the sample based on this. Please find the sample in the following location.

Sample:DataEdit.zip

If problem persist in above sample, please provide us your Syncfusion product version with system information. It would be helpful for us to serve you better.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Rachel.

GM Gary Montgomery February 6, 2015 08:13 PM UTC

Thank you Rachel A.

Your sample and my code were pretty close to each other. So I went back and forth looking for little differences. Eventually I noticed your data class was using double and my data class was using int (with SnapToPoint="Round"). If I switch your code to int it repros the issue and if I switch mine to double it starts updating on change.

I'm glad it is working and you can mark this issue as closed but I am confused in that this other post from you say both int and double are supported.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117960/sfchart-with-array-in-ybindingpath

Thank you,
Gary

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team February 9, 2015 10:49 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the update.

The highlighted forum mentioned is about the supported types for XBindingPath or YBindingPath. SfChart supports Integer type of values. The problem is, when we visually editing the segments. We have logged issue report for this and fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming volume release.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this

Thanks,
Rachel. A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon