We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disabling Paste controls in a GridDataControl grid

Hi,

I've made a grid using the GridDataControl class.  In this grid, I have a checkbox column and a couple of text columns.  Whenever the user highlights a row and presses Ctrl+V (paste), the application throws the following error:
Format Exception:  String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.  Method: Parse

It appears as though when even I press Ctrl+V it is attempting to pas the copied string into the first column, which happens to be a checkbox column that expects a Boolean value. 

Is there a way to disable pasting to a column?  This is occurring when the entire row is selected, but none of the text fields in particular are being edited.

Thanks

3 Replies

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team February 5, 2015 07:20 PM UTC

Hi Jerad,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support,

We have checked with reported issue in our side. But we could not get any exception when we try to CopyPaste the row with checkbox column, we are able to Paste to another row without any exception. So could you please share more details regarding this query and we have prepared a sample based on this, could you please modify the sample based on your requirement ? It would be helpful to analyze further regarding this query.

Sample: GridDataControl_CopyPaste.zip

Please let us know if you have any other queries,

Regards,

Saravanan.M

JS Jared Stokes February 6, 2015 08:37 PM UTC

I was able to reproduce it in the sample application provided.  Simply highlight any row and the press Ctrl+V. 

See the attached screenshot.

Attachment: Pasting_Conversion_Exception_9df238f.zip

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team February 10, 2015 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Jared,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue in our side.. A support incident  135133 to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any other queries,

Regards,

Saravanan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon