We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What is up with your Xamarin.Forms and Orubase

Hi, people. I am very newbie in the cross platform world.
Than, I am looking for some guide to develop to mobile, and I really would like to use my skills in C# and XAML.
I have more than 20 years working in IT area and I have at least 5 years of well founded experience using Microsoft Silverlight and MVVM architecture to build LOB apps.

Now, what must I follow: Xamarin or Orubase?

First of all: if I use your suite Xamarin.Forms, will I need to pay for Xamarin.com subscription?
Or does your product installed side by side with MS Visual Studio includes all we need to deploy to apps stores?
Using Xamarin, are the views programmed whit XAML, HTML or what is used?

In another way, to my specific case, is Orubase the most recommended?
If this is used, including MVC, I will need to use HTML... But is it a "new and modern web app"? That is mean: can I build apps that are SPA (single page applications) or I will have lots of POSTs send to server and back with those annoying refreshes?

Thanks your help.

Ricardo Ildefonso
Londrina, Brazil

1 Reply

DR Dhinesh Ravi Syncfusion Team February 4, 2015 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Please check the response for your queries.

Regarding Query1: Now, what must I follow: Xamarin or Orubase?

Orubase and Xamarin are very different technologies. The selection between these two products is purely depends on your application and requirement. Since you have 5years of XAML experience, we would like to suggest you to go with the Xamarin and use our components.

The key similarities and differences are shown below.

Orubase

Xamarin

Comments

Core User interface

HTML

Native on each platform

Common UI Code

Yes

No (separate code base in C# for each platform)

Non UI application code

JavaScript

C#

Orubase applications can also utilize Xamarin based non UI application code written in C#.

Common non UI application code

Yes

Yes

Access to device capabilities

Yes

Yes

Note: You have to pay for Xamarin license and not for our Xamarin.Forms component. If you are a community license user, you can directly download our Xamarin.Forms installer and use it in the Xamarin environment.

Regarding Query2: if I use your suite Xamarin.Forms, will I need to pay for Xamarin.com subscription? Or does your product installed side by side with MS Visual Studio includes all we need to deploy to apps stores?

Yes, you need Xamarin.Forms subscription to run any Xamarin.Forms app. We are the 3rd party component vendors for Xamarin.Forms platform.

Regarding Query3: Using Xamarin, are the views programmed whit XAML, HTML or what is used?
Each page and its controls in Xamarin.Forms are mapped to platform-specific native user interface elements;
For example,

1. A Xamarin.Forms Entry becomes a UITextView on iOS, an EditText on Android, and a TextBox on Windows Phone at runtime.

2. Syncfusion’s Xamarin.Forms Chart will be rendered using our native charts in WP, iOS and Android at runtime.
For more information about Xamarin.Forms platform, please refer the following link,

https://xamarin.com/forms

For more information about Syncfusion’s Xamarin components, please refer the following link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/products/xamarin

Regarding Query4: In another way, to my specific case, is Orubase the most recommended? If this is used, including MVC, I will need to use HTML... But is it a "new and modern web app"? That is mean: can I build apps that are SPA (single page applications) or I will have lots of POSTs send to server and back with those annoying refreshes?

Yes, Orubase app is a Single Page Application(SPA) concept. Moreover, you could handle POST action based on your scenario i.e. if you need to use load on demand application, in that case you can post request to the server and perform the corresponding action.

Please check this and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Dhinesh R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon