We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Does DocIO support printing?

I like DocIO very much. But one very needed feature is Printing document without MS Office? How can i do this?

8 Replies

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team January 27, 2015 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your interest.

Currently Essential DocIO doesn’t have support for printing functionality. We have logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented. This can be tracked through our feature management System:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/WF-3500

as a workaround, we have prepared the sample to meet your requirement to print the word document by two ways.

·         Using PrintDocument, It convert the document to image and print the images.

·         Using Essential PdfViewer, It convert the document to pdf and print the pdf document.

Please do find the sample from the below link. Try running this sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118053/GenerateWord_WPFPrint2043143958.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

DM Dmitry January 27, 2015 03:06 PM UTC

Thank you very much. This is what i need.
Workaround for anyone else:

WordDocument wordDoc = new WordDocument(fullPath);
                    DocToPDFConverter converter = new DocToPDFConverter();
                    //Convert word document into PDF document
                    PdfDocument pdfDoc = converter.ConvertToPDF(wordDoc);
                    //Save the pdf file
                    Stream ms = new MemoryStream();
                    pdfDoc.Save(ms);

// Print
                    Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer.PdfDocumentView documentView = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer.PdfDocumentView();
                    documentView.Load(ms);
                    documentView.PrintDocument.Print();

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team January 28, 2015 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and code suggestion . Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

KK Kim Kamper June 11, 2020 05:12 PM UTC

Hi. I know this is old, but I am new to SyncFusion.

I have an App that I want to be able to print either an envelope or a letter. I would like to print the envelope to Tray 1 (which is a manual-feed Tray) and print the letter to Tray 2 (a paper Cassette).

1. Has the ability to print from DocIO been added?

2. If so, is it also possible to set the Printer Tray? This feature is vital to my app.

3. Is it possible to set the Printer tray for printing a PDF file?

4. Any suggestions on being able to create a DocIO document and then print it after selecting and setting a particular Printer Tray?

Thanks for your help!

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team June 12, 2020 05:54 PM UTC

Hi Kim,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Could you please confirm your requirement is to Setting paper tray for Word document using DocIO APIs or Expecting to choose paper tray when printing by using Word to image functionality of DocIO?

Based on the above we will check and provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran 

KK Kim Kamper June 13, 2020 04:21 PM UTC

Could you please confirm your requirement is to Setting paper tray for Word document using DocIO APIs (Yes!) or Expecting to choose paper tray when printing by using Word to image functionality of DocIO (Yes!)

Yes! to both highlighted items above.

I want the ability to programmatically select the Paper Tray when printing a DocIO document. I will explore the sample and see if that is what I am looking for.

The easiest answer would be to add this feature to the API, like:

iDocument.print(PrinterTray:="Tray 1")

Thank You,

Kim

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team June 15, 2020 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your update.

Currently DocIO doesn’t have a support to set the paper tray in the document. We need to analyse the feasibility to provide the support for this case. So, we will update you with more details on 17th June 2020.

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran 

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team June 17, 2020 04:32 PM UTC

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your patience.

We have consider your requirement as a feature in our end and we have planned to implement this feature for 2020 Volume 3 Main release which is estimated to be available on end of September 2020.

You can track this feature in the below feedback link.
https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/15338/expose-api-to-set-paper-source-to-print-the-word-document

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon