We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Could not find file 'Syncfusion.Diagram.Base.resources

Hi,

I have migrated my application from visual studio framework 3.5 to 4.0 so due to migration i have added syncfusion 4.0 dll to my application,
At runtime during intialization of diagram control application is throwing  "Could not find file 'Syncfusion.Diagram.Base.resources", 
So please give some solution to resolve the issue.

Code:

private void InitializeComponent()
        {
            this.components = new System.ComponentModel.Container();
            System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typeof(LayoutConfiguratorUserControl));
            this.diagramLayoutConfigurator = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controls.Diagram(this.components);

Thanks,
CB

6 Replies

SK Swarnesh Krishna Kumar Syncfusion Team January 23, 2015 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are afraid that we are not able to reproduce the reported issue. Could please provide us more information probably your sample which will help us to provide a better solution.

Here is the Video.

Video

Kindly check the below sample and let us know if you have any concern

Regards,

Swarnesh K

Attachment: WindowsFormsApplication10_44f42edd.zip

OP Oliver Politzki November 4, 2016 09:12 AM UTC

Hello,

I've got the same problem.
After upgrading from a very old Syncfusion version from 2008 to Syncfusion 14 I get the same error as Rashmi Mohan.

What I've tried so far:
 - Reinstalling Syncfusion
 - Removing assemblies from the GAC and installing them again afterwards
 - Using the project migration tool
 - Removing the diagram control from the form in our application and placing it again on the form

I can start your demo application without problems, but in our applications it's always crashing at runtime.
But I can view and edit the diagram control just fine at desing time.

Thanks,
Oliver

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team November 7, 2016 11:17 AM UTC

Hi Oliver, 

Please follow-up with the incident created by you for the same query 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

OP Oliver Politzki November 11, 2016 11:36 AM UTC

I found the solution!

We've implemented Syncfusion Symbol Designer-Files in our project (*.edp-files).
Theses files are added as resource in visual studio and are getting deserialized at runtime with a BinaryFormatter, like this:

IFormatter formatter = new BinaryFormatter();
 AppDomain.CurrentDomain.AssemblyResolve += DiagramBaseAssembly.AssemblyResolver;

this._resourcePalette = formatter.Deserialize(new MemoryStream(serializedNodeTemplates)) as SymbolPalette;

The orange line is the reason for the exception, because when I uncomment this line, the diagram can be created but the
_resourcePalette is empty (so it's crashing at a different part in my application).

I'll googled for DiagramBaseAssembly.AssemblyResolver and found this: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/79037/symbol-designer-and-diagram-editor
From this post, I copied this line:
formatter.Binder = Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer.CustomBinder;

Now my code looks like this:

IFormatter formatter = new BinaryFormatter();
 formatter.Binder = Syncfusion.Runtime.Serialization.AppStateSerializer.CustomBinder;

this._resourcePalette = formatter.Deserialize(new MemoryStream(serializedNodeTemplates)) as SymbolPalette;

_resourcePalette is not null this time and everything works fine! :)

OP Oliver Politzki November 11, 2016 12:30 PM UTC

Ah, I forgot something!

I've opened and saved all the edp-files once with the newer version of the Symbol Editor from Syncfusion, before I changed my code.

But I don't know if this is needed. That was just my first asumption, that the edp-files are outdated.

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team November 14, 2016 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Oliver,  

We have updated the response in incident which is created by you for the same query. Please follow-up with that incident for furthers details. 

Regards,  

Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon