We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Schedule control behaving differently on deployement server and on development machine

I have asp mvc 5 page with a syncfusion razor schedule control, with the timezone property not set to any value (default vaulue):

On dev machine running VS2013 and local IIS:

• I create an appointment that starts at 9.00am

• When uploaded to server is it saved in database in UTC time as 2.00pm

• Schedule control displays correct start time graphically

• I refresh the page

• When queried the server returns the time in local time as 9.00am

• Refreshing the page returns the right start time for the appointment of 9am.

When deployed on the production server (on Windows Azure platform) :

The same appointment will display at 4am. If you debug the production server you can see that the same sequence got executed (Time is saved in database in UTC as 2:00 pm and returned from server in local time as 9.00 am). Details below:

• I create an appointment that starts at 9.00am

• When uploaded to server is it saved in database in UTC time as 2.00pm

• Schedule control displays correct start time graphically

• I refresh the page

• When queried the server returns the time in local time as 9.00am

• The schedule display an appointment with a start time of 2pm

Setting the Time Zone property to “UTC-5:00” fixes the issue on the server but now if the project is executed on the development machine the Start Time is offset and displays as 2pm.

Both server and machine are in the same Time Zone.

I would like to know what would be a possible fix.

1 Reply

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team January 22, 2015 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Before we start providing solution to your requirements, we request you to share the following details with us. The information provided by you is more useful for us to analyse the reported scenario and provide you the better solution.  

1.       Development Machine System TimeZone and Production server System TimeZone.

2.       TimeZone value used in the application.

3.       Could you please confirm that the “deployed application (production server)” and the “DataBase used in the application” are in the same server.

4.       Code snippets which is used in the view page and controller page of the deployed application.

5.       And also could you please check and share the details of the stored value (StartTime and EndTime) of the appointments are same in the database both in the “development machine” and “production server” while saving the appointment.

Please share the above requested details and if you need any further assistance on this.

Note: In the mean time we will check the reported scenario in our end with the “Windows Azure Platform” machine.

Regards,

Velmurugan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon