We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Refresh Issue

Hi!

I am currently evaluating your product in a SharePoint App development context and encountered the following issue: I use a grid to visualize data from a List that I query using REST. To do so I am using a data Manager Object in this way:

var dataManger_VacationRequests = ej.DataManager({
        url: listRESTUrl_VacationRequests,
        crossDomain: false,
        offline: true
    });

while listRESTUrl_VacationRequests is a URL to the REST service that already includes all the data selection I need. After initializing the Grid everything works fine and the data is displayed as expected. The issue appears when I change the data (not via grid but using SharePoint API) and try to refresh the grid by running this function:

function updateGrid() {
    var dataManger = ej.DataManager({
        url: listRESTUrl_VacationRequests,
        crossDomain: true,
        offline: true
    });

$("#CommonGrid").ejGrid("dataSource", dataManger);
}

Afterwards the Grid refreshes but does not show any data (see IMG1 in attached zip file). However the data seems to be there since I can see a certain count of items in the lower right corner of the grid. And I also am able to select other pages then the first. If I do so (like selecting the second page) the data appears again. When I go back to the first page afterwards everything works fine again (see IMG1 and IMG2). For now I have found a workaround. By executing

window.setTimeout(function () { $("#CommonGrid").ejGrid("refreshContent"); }, 700);

right after I set the new data Manager Object the data reappears. Hope this helps you a bit to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Yashar

Thanks a lot for your

Attachment: refreshBug_614e9e75.zip

1 Reply

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team January 20, 2015 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Yashar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the reported query and noticed that you have asked the same query in incident #134189. And also we have provided the response for your query in that incident and hence please refer the incident #134189 for better follow up.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhanan. P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon