We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

rangenavigator usage

Hi,
i am looking for some guidance and ideas with the rangenavigator control .
basically what i want to implmement is exactly the what in the Microsoft The patient journey Demonstrator  demo

in the above image, we have a rangenavigator on the left and a datagrid on the right .
so what i want to do is :
a rangenavigator with 12 Months , and when the user change the range, the datagrid on the left scroll and bringintoview the records that match the selected date range

so any idea is welcome

thanks and good day

15 Replies

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team January 9, 2015 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have achieved your requirement by setting SfDateTimeRangeNavigator’s property SelectedData to SfDataGrid ItemsSource property in the ValueChanged event of the SfDateTimeRangeNavigator as shown in the below code snippet.

C[#]:
void RangeNavigator_ValueChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            datagrid.ItemsSource = (sender as SfDateTimeRangeNavigator).SelectedData;
        }

We have prepared  the sample based on this, please download it from the  below location.

Regards,
Suresh S 

Attachment: RangeNavigatorGrid_52b3966d.zip

IS issam January 9, 2015 01:18 PM UTC

Hi,
First thanks for the sample, realy appreciate bu i have some issues :
1 - the ValueChanged event is not fired, i have added a messagebox.show inside to check that

as you can see in the screenshhot, the range value is changed but the datagrid still show all the data

2 - the logic of your sample, is that the itemssource of the datagrid change completely when the range value change .
what i want ideally and if possible instead , is to scroll the datagrid  and bringintoview the specified range of data just like the MS patient journey primary care demo

3 - is there a way to make the rangedate control vertical ?

thanks again !

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team January 12, 2015 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thanks for your response.

Query1: Value changed event is not fired.

We are not able to reproduce the issue ValueChanged event is not fired. Can you please check with the below sample in the following location? If possible can you share your sample with us, which would be much appreciable?

Query2: How to bring into view the specific range of data in data grid while scroll?

We are working on this issue and will update in 2 business days.

Query3: is there a way to make range navigator control vertical?

Currently, we don’t have vertical orientation support in range navigator.

Regards,

Suresh S

Attachment: RangeNavigatorGrid_57a10f23.zip

IS issam January 12, 2015 06:57 PM UTC

1 - this is wierd, i have used your sample as is without changing anything .
btw i have recorded this little  Video to show you how i have used your example

2 - Really appreciate

3 - fianally i think that i can do this with 3d transformation and some styling ...

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team January 13, 2015 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Issam,

We have checked the reported scenario with same cultureinfo you are using and in all possible ways, but still we are not able to reproduce. So could you please share your system information and syncfusion assembly version you are using. This would be helpful for us to serve you. Also, can you clean your project file by manually deleting bin, obj folder, run the sample and check it.

Query2: How to bring into view the specific range of data in data grid while scroll?

As we said earlier we will update the status by tomorrow.

Query3: Is there a way to make range navigator control vertical?

We have logged this as Feature Request and planned to implement this feature in any of our upcoming main release volume. We will update you once this feature has got implemented.

Feature id:

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/WPF-17594

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Suresh S

IS issam January 13, 2015 01:59 PM UTC

Hi,

i have tried to clean manually the bin and obj folders like you suggested but got the same issue .
my system :
Win7 Pro 64 bits
VS 2013
Syncfusion version 12.4450.0.24

thanks again :)

Query3: Is there a way to make range navigator control vertical?
Great news !

SS Sheik Syed Abthaheer M Syncfusion Team January 14, 2015 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thanks for your update.

We will try to reproduce the issue in your reported system environment. We will update you the status in two business days probably on Monday.

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement. please download it from the below location.
sample: RangeNavigator-Grid.zip

Regards,
M. Sheik

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team January 19, 2015 12:42 PM UTC

Suresh S

Hi Issam,

We have checked the reported issue  in your system environment. Since we are unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end. We suggest you to create an incident for a further reference.

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:                             

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Suresh S

IS issam January 19, 2015 02:20 PM UTC

well this is funny :)

the Query1 (event fired issue) was resolved with your last sample that handle Query2 (scroll and bringintoview range data) ,
but i dont have the Query2 Feature . the data are set immediatly (no scrolling or bringing into view) !

for now i can live with it ,  since it's just a "cool" feature , the most important is that the data are shown correctly .
i will be back later into it .

anyway i really really appreciate your support and help ,

thanks a lot !

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team January 20, 2015 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

We are glad to know that query 1 (event fired issue) is resolved with the earlier solution. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on your requirements.

Regards,

Suresh S

HM Herbert Moroni Cavallari de Costa Gois March 18, 2015 06:41 PM UTC

In my project the OnValueChanged event not firing!

i tried use : RangeNavigator.ValueChanged += RangeNavigator_ValueChanged;

but it's not fire the event!

i use 12.4.0.24 syncfusion version in Windows 8.0

in the example of syncfusion works fine

HM Herbert Moroni Cavallari de Costa Gois March 18, 2015 06:50 PM UTC

sorry, i use in Windows 8.1
Framework 4.5!

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team March 19, 2015 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Herbert,

We are not able to reproduce the issue with the reported system environment. Can you please check with the below sample in the following location? If possible can you share your sample with us, which would be much appreciable?

Regards,

Suresh S

Attachment: RangeNavigatorGrid2083503358_1c4be8cb.zip

HM Herbert Moroni Cavallari de Costa Gois March 19, 2015 01:48 PM UTC

Suresh

I discovered the problem!

When you put in XAML the code: <syncfusion:SfDateTimeRangeNavigator Grid.Row="4"  x:Name="RangeNavigator" ValueChanged="OnValueChanged">
the event don't fire
even you put in code behind : RangeNavigator.ValueChanged += RangeNavigator_ValueChanged;

BUT

if u only put the command in code behind the event fire!

Thanks for helping me

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team March 20, 2015 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that the issue is resolved at your end.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon