We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Does runtime license embedding work in 2013 for Syncfusion.Core 7.203.0.37 (used to work in VS 2010)?

I have a Visual Studio 2013 solution with WPF project that references myproj project which references
Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base and Syncfusion.Core dlls version: 7.203.0.37 with Copy Local set to True, Specific Version to False.
My target .net framework is .net 4.5.1

I have the file: licenses.licx with content: Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.LicensedComponent, Syncfusion.Core
manually added to my C#.net class library project as an embedded resource as can be seen:
myproj.csproj:
  <ItemGroup>
    <EmbeddedResource Include="licenses.licx" />
  </ItemGroup>

I followed all articles from Syncfusion about enabling runtime license embedding, but no luck.
I compile just fine and when I run it in Debug mode I got a prompt "Fix it" when trying to produce an Excel Report with the following error:

Syncfusion Licensing System - Detailed diagnostics.
ErrorKind = RuntimeNoLicx
UsageMode = Runtime
IsAspDotNet = False
RuntimeLicenseKey = No runtime license key found in licx.
ExecutingVersionInfo = Syncfusion.Core, Version=7.2.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4
ExecutingVersionInfoFromAssembly = Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider, Syncfusion.Core, Version=7.203.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4
ErrorMessage = Unable to grant a runtime license. Please ensure that the project was compiled with an appropriate licenses.licx file as an embedded resource.
Clicking the button below will launch a utility that will adjust your project settings appropriately.
No Assemblies with licenses.licx resource found.
No Syncfusion.Core entries found in licenses.licx files.

I have Visual Studio 2010 and I do the same thing and I am not getting this error at run time.

So does this embedding work in 2013?

Thanks
Rad

2 Replies

RR Radoslav Radivojevic December 10, 2014 12:46 AM UTC

Here is a snapshot of dialog boxes that appear at run time.
Just to add: I am still getting excel file generated even if I don't click at "Fix it" and just close the dialog box.

Attachment: problem_a9ff9f9d.zip

IN Ishwarya Narayanan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2014 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Radoslav,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

As the query is reported in Direct-Trac incident 132980, we would like to have further follow-up in the mentioned incident.

Regards,

Ishwarya N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon