We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

urgent assistant needed

Hi,
I'm trying to practice with Essentil DocIo Live Demo in asp.net mvc4 with visual studio 2012. But I got the following errors

"Error 1 The type or namespace name 'TemplateResult' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ashu\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DocIoDemo\DocIoDemo\Controllers\DocIoController.cs 61 28 DocIoDemo"

Error 2 The name 'GetTestOrder' does not exist in the current context C:\Users\Ashu\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DocIoDemo\DocIoDemo\Controllers\DocIoController.cs 69 40 DocIoDemo 

Error 8 'Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument' does not contain a definition for 'ExportAsActionResult' and no extension method 'ExportAsActionResult' accepting a first argument of type 'Syncfusion.DocIO.DLS.WordDocument' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Users\Ashu\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DocIoDemo\DocIoDemo\Controllers\DocIoController.cs 91 28 DocIoDemo

Please If you have any idea help me.
Thank you in advance

5 Replies

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team December 5, 2014 07:35 AM UTC

Hi Ashenafi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have included extension classes into our MVC Sample application to save the Word document
 and send a document to a client browser. Hence these classes are not exposed in the live demo samples. Here we have attached the extension classes which we have used in our sample application. Kindly include these classes into your sample application and let us know if this helps you.

Extension classes:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ExtensionMethods156057471.zip

You can also refer below UG link to save the Word document and send to a client browser without using extension classes.
http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/default.htm#!documents/sendingtoaclientbrow.htm

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

AS Ashenafi December 5, 2014 04:16 PM UTC

Hi Divyalakshmi Vasudevan,
Thank you for your assistance. The previous errors are already resolved, thanks to you. 
But now I got few errors like GetTestOrder() and GetTestOrderDetails() does not exist in the current context. I think I have to write custom code for these methods and if you can tell me a little bit info about these method what they do? 
And finally I wanna work with XlsIO component too. So please send me the link of the extension classes for it.
Thank you in advance

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team December 8, 2014 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Ashenafi,

Thank you for the your update

Regarding DocIO Samples:

We have used the GetOrder() and GetOrderDetails() in order to  retrieve the value from the Data Table by order id from SyncOrder and SyncOrdersDetails Table  in our MVC sample application. Kindly refer the code snippet for these methods from the source section of SalesInvoiceSample in the below link :

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/reporting/docio/ProductShowCase/SalesInvoice

Regarding XlsIO Samples:

We have attached the extension classes which we have used in our XlsIO sample application. Kindly include these classes into your sample application and let us know if it helps you

Extension Classes Link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ExtensionMethods-1953933295.zip

please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Divyalakshmi V

AS Ashenafi December 9, 2014 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Divyalakshmi Vasudevan
Thank you once again, I got everything what was I needed and everything is work now.

DV Divyalakshmi Vasudevan Syncfusion Team December 10, 2014 05:14 AM UTC

Hi Ashenafi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to assist you as always.

Regards
Divyalaskhmi V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon